New feature requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New feature requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New feature requests
New feature requests
2019-03-17 21:50:07
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I’ve been using these products for a while now and would like to suggest two simple features that would  make it even better 

1. To allow a pin to be assigned to a device.

this would be optional, but would stop you from accidentally switching off something in error. 

For example - I have a plug with energy monitoring on my whole network. I never want to turn the network on or off remotely (turning it off would turn off the wifi that would prevent me from turining it back on, but I use it to track energy usage only. 

However, my kids use the system and may accidentally switch it off. A simple PIN number would prevent this.

2nd example is the plug that I have on the TV that allows me to turn off the TV when the kids are not doing chores. Problem is that they can just turn it back on. 

2. Is a simple power reset option in addition to turn on or turn off. In some cases I want to just reset something. Sometimes that thing might be a network device and having the ability to simply reset instead of off and on would allow this product to compete with network power controllers. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:New feature requests
2019-03-18 07:58:44

Hello,

Thanks for your valued feedback.

We will forward it to our product department and our engineers will work on it and evaluate its feasibility.

You can keep an eye on our official website for the updates.

Good day. 

Options
Re:New feature requests
2019-04-12 12:29:32
Your second example is comical. If I were your children and you've remotely "locked out" the smart plug to not turn on during chores, I would just unplug the TV from the smart plug and directly into the receptacle.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1050

Replies: 2

Related Articles