Why can I not see all Powerline adaptors in the Utility?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-18 10:26:59
Model: TL-PA7020P KITx  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I had an issue with my TP-PA7020P kit sometime during the early morning hours. Everything PC connected to the powerline could not see the internet.

The internet was not down as the main router was connected along with it's WIFI

So a few hours later once I woke up I started to look into the problem.

I swapped the adaptors about, re-pair them all. Downloaded new firmware and also the new PLC Utility and then eventually it all started to work.

I then looked with the new PLC utility but I can only see a single device with it which I presume is the the local one this PC is connected to.

I tried adding devices and put all the power adaptors in but a couple said there added and the others could not be found. However even after adding they do not show up in the utility.

I tried adding an old Devolo dLan 200. I first paired with the local TP Powerline device (pressing pair button on units) then went into the Add Device on the PLC Utiltiy. It looked for it and then found it and showed it with a yellow line in the PLC Utilty, then 3 minutes later it disappeared and have not seen it again.

There is no firewall blocking the PLC Utilty on my PC. Now every adaptor is working fine as all PC's connected to the adaptors are all on the internet and working fine.

How can I get to see all the connected adaptors in PLC Utility. (For reference the old PLC V1 Utility saw all the devices) when I installed the new PLC Utility it uninstalled the old one.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why can I not see all Powerline adaptors in the Utility?
2019-03-20 08:29:42

Hey, it seems that you have some other companies' powerline adapters except TL-PA7020Pkit.  The tpPLC utility can show up their own TP-Link products only.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-pa7020p-kit/v2/#Utility

Try to pair the TP-Link powerline adapters only and check whether you can see them all on the utility. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3123

Replies: 1