Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-02-05 12:07:20

@poudenes 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? Does Deco M5 work as a regular wireless router or access point?

What are these devices? Including model number and OS version?

You can setup static IP for them and verify whether they work more stable.

Besides, is there any advanced feature you have created? Like parental control or QoS?

Good day.

Options
2020-02-06 09:00:58 - last edited 2020-02-11 15:03:31

@Kevin_Z  Deco is my regular wifi router, Devices: Apple iMac 27" 2010 Logitech Harmony Hub ESP Modules RPi 3, 4 modules Nanoleaf Light Panels, Funny that only Logitech Harmony Hub is disconnect the most of the time. Even old ESP devices is running for weeks perfect. Logitech Harmony Hub is 2m away from the router. No additional services active.

Options
2020-02-11 15:02:52

push

Options
2020-02-12 01:33:56

@poudenes 

Thanks for your valued reply. Do they still connect to the Deco's wifi but no internet access or they disconnect from the wifi totally?

If they are still connected, please check whether these devices obtain valid IP address and gateway from Deco even though there is no internet access.

And you can try to setup a static IP for those devices or reserve IP addresses on the Deco app.

Besides, may I know how often they lose connection?

Good day.

Options
2020-02-12 11:39:43 - last edited 2020-02-12 11:40:38

Hi @Kevin_Z , I have given all my devices a reserved IP address inside the Deco. This because my whole house is running on "Home Assistant" so I need static IP Addresses. The only big problem is "Logitech Harmony Hub" The device Is 1.5m away from the deco. And its fully disconnected from the Deco. About 2 to 4 times a day. What I already did is disconnect the Deco, wait 1 minute, reconnect it. This was not helping as well.

Options
2020-02-17 10:58:52 - last edited 2020-02-17 11:02:02

I have similar issue with either M5 and E4R.
Some wifi devices (Harmony Hub, Kindle Fire 5th gen, Clemapd, RedMi 5 note pro and 9T pro from Xiaomi ) disconnects randomly from internet. I see that Wi-Fi coverage is FULL but a "exclamation point" appears over WiFi icon and they have no more internet. Yes LAN (I can ping them) , no WEB (they cannot navigate anymore). This random "disconnection" solve by itself in a minute or less. That is annoyng as if my son is watching a youtube video or we are enjoyng a film we have to wait.

My config (now) is Main DECO attached to Fastweb/Technicolor router on 1st floor. Another DECO connected with blackhaul (ethernet) directly to main DECO. Third DECO connected with full coverage to main DECO

My tryouts:

- Static IP

- Set those devices "NO MESH"

- Reboot, restarts, switch DECO on the floors after resetting

Strange behaviuor:

- Some devices connects with DECO on 1st floor while another DECO is near them (no devices connected to this, so why they are connecting far away??)

- Some devices randomly run out of INTERNET (LAN/WAN ok)

- I have to Blackhaul the ground floor DECO even if it recives signal from 1st floor DECO (strenght: -65dB, yellow wifi icon on Deco app): if I don't connect with ethernet most of time DECO is blinking red

Any clue?

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-02-21 17:41:09

@trulypaladin hi. When you mentioned static IP, only in the deco or also to the devices conmected to the deco as well? 

Please explain more detailed your solution

Thanks 

Options
2020-02-22 07:56:15

@Danielbere @Kevin_Z 

I have given now all my devices a static IP within the DECO M5. Still i see disconnections and within 1 minute they come back.

Logitech HUB is most common that goes off line. I see a red signal light on the hub. Means no connection at all. (This device cannot config with a static IP inside the hub) of you ask me now to give all devices a static IP inside the devices itself and not only in the DECO M5.

Thats the last try what i can do, give every device a static IP in their own config. But i cant believe that will solve the disconnection problem.

Before DECO M5 i used for many years a Apple TimeCapsule 2TB (model A1470) without any problems at all. So basicly its not a issue of the devices but something inside de DECO M5.

This Apple TimeCapsule have 2 Wifi configs, 1 2.4GHz and 1 5GHz. So you have also 2 SSID's. But when connected they have same network.

DECO M5 have 1 SSID and you can use it for 2.4Ghz and 5GHz. I think this will give problems with the devices, protocol compatiblity, etc....

Options
2020-02-29 07:18:07

@Kevin_Z can someone of development or something invite in this discussion. Because its become very annoying that some devices disconnect almost every day 1-3 times.

Mostly Logitech Hub, when you want use your remote you MUST wait untill hub is connected again...

Options
2020-03-02 12:02:11

@poudenes +1 to your request.
I can confirm that some devices keep disconnecting with every config I setup (fixed ip, dhcp, w ot w/out Beaming, Fast Reconnection, 801.11k profile or not...)
I do not experience issue with Harmony Hub (at least, if I have Harmony app I see disconnections every 3-5 minutes, it goes "on cluod" then "on lan" instantly). i do not see any red-led on device, remote is alway disponible.
I have issues with Kindle Fire (tab, reader.. any "Amazon" device)

Options