Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
77 Reply
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2020-09-18 00:43:00 - last edited 2020-09-18 00:58:32

@B1acksm0ke Thanks! I think i've tried all other options mentioned in this thread except access point mode and I'll try it now. I appreciate the quick response.

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting
2021-03-24 11:29:03

@trulypaladin Yes, static IP works for me too.

Options
Re:Deco M5 new install now my internet keeps disconnecting-Solution
2021-04-30 10:44:28 - last edited 2022-10-21 01:38:28

Update:

Hi All, Thanks for all your feedback.

Please refer to the troubleshooting guides on this link:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-05-24 17:52:45

@TP-Link Hi there, hope you are safe and well.

I have the same problem, did all the steps you shared previously - one out of 3 Decos m5 is not connecting. Ever. even if I keep them 5 cm apart. One is always blinking red, is not the same one everytime.
All are updated.

More than this, in the app is oscilating. Even if one is off-blinking red - in app is online and working for 5 min, then next 5 min it cannot be found. It is impossible to set them out. Application is easy but useless ... if Deco's are not matching real situation. Or the other way around. Decos are off and app is saying they are on ...

Can you suggest something else to try?

Want to set them at maximum 10 m apart.

Thx,
Sorin

Options
2021-05-25 01:46:16

@SorinRazvan 

Hi, Could you please help me check the following details so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers later:

1. How often did the satellite Deco units dropped out, like 3-4 times a day?

2. How did you restore the internet connection, rebooting the Deco, or something else?

3. If possible, please also help me check the signal source of the two satellite Deco units;

By the way, how long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-05-25 06:19:58

@TP-Link 

Hi and thank you for answer.

1. Entire day one satellite is out. Since I bought them one was always out. And not the same one. Sometimes they all 3 are green for like 2 - 3 minutes, then the app shows all connected for some time, but one of them is blinking red.

2. Internet connection was never off - my laptop stays on wifi router because of this. I sometimes rebooted wifi router, sometime Decos from app or unplug the red one, but in the end doing the same thing.

3. I don't understand what you mean by signal source. When you say 2 satellites you mean the others than the main unit? I have a 3 pack.

4. Bought them 3 weeks ago, had them installed 2 weeks ago.

Thank you as well,
Sorin

Options
2021-05-26 07:18:13

@SorinRazvan 

Thank you very much and your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers;

Please have a check of your email box.

Options
2021-05-31 06:40:07

@TP-Link Hi, thank you, now everything is solved. Your kind colleagues connected supported me remote and now everything works fine. Thank you!

Options
2021-06-15 02:50:11

@Dho123 I have several of these units. I have only installed 1 set, not installing anymore until this issue of random dropping stops. I have tried everything that has been talked about in this thread. First thing I did was update to firmware 1.5.3. tried hooking directly to modem and to router. Connections only drop for the Deco clients. 

Any ideas...

Options
2021-07-31 13:35:00

@Dho123 

Hi, the same is happening to me.  My newly installed deco m5 keeps on disconnecting as well. I'm frustrated of this first experience.  This is bad experience for customer.  Can we get some help here.  I have reset it multiple times, still to no avail.

Options