Cant access LIVE VIEW outside home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-27 11:02:23
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 181022 Rel.3A033D

I cannot see the LIVE VIEW page from web interface outside my home.

I have setup port forwarding with a public port 8585, and i can see the other pages in the web interface, just not the LIVE VIEW.

When i try to open LIVE VIEW, it loads for a while, and ends up saying "cannot connect to the website"

If i runs the web interface locally everything works perfectly, altso LIVE VIEW.

What could be the problem here ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cant access LIVE VIEW outside home
2019-03-28 02:14:15

Hi, please ensure that you have enabled remote control on tpCamera app.

Meanwhile, can you see the live view outside with the tpCamera app?

Besides, try to login to the cloud website with your cloud account to give it a go. 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/ 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Cant access LIVE VIEW outside home
2019-05-10 17:42:51 - last edited 2019-05-10 17:45:11

I have the same problem. I fowarding a port and i can see the web interface but dont the live view. Is it necessary to open some more port to watch the video? With tpcamera app its working fine.

Remote control on tpcamera is enabled.

Options
Re:Re:Cant access LIVE VIEW outside home
2019-05-14 11:14:39

Hi,

For your information, for NC450 V1.5, the remote access to web-ui requires port 443, and HTTPS access must be typed in the URL when accessing externally.

While the web-ui has been encrypted and encapsulated, resulting in remote access to web-Ui, even if the port is opened, we can't get the corresponding video stream by clicking live view. Instead, we can get the configuration page remotely. 

As a work around, if you have a device which can open the network stream directly, you can use the RTSP stream to satisfy it. The port number is 554. 

Here is an example you can access it via RTSP stream. rtsp://admin:Password@IP:port number/h264_hd.sdp 

Note: The IP is the internet IP address, the port is port number you opened for the RTSP stream. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Tamega wrote

I have the same problem. I fowarding a port and i can see the web interface but dont the live view. Is it necessary to open some more port to watch the video? With tpcamera app its working fine.

Remote control on tpcamera is enabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2417

Replies: 3