MAx wifi signal with no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-31 00:51:58
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.04

Good evening

I am wrting to you i hopes of getting some help

I live in Portugal and i recently bought 2 tp link re450 repeaters/AP .

I have a CAT6 structured network at home all connected via tp link gigabit switches.

My ISP's router wifi is off

Both re450's are setup as access points and get their ips from my ISP (NOS)'s router, so their DHCP is off.

Both have same SSID and password for 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Summarizing, the router acts as DHCP server, RE 450s are set to AP mode, with DHCP off and auto ip detection.

I have tried different SSID's for both APs

I have attributed an ip to each ap vinstead of having it being auto detected.

Both AP's will at random, seemingly lose ip connection to the router, their ip becomes innacessible.

Today my own computer could not get ip ....

What can i do, what settings should i look out for that could be causing issues?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:MAx wifi signal with no internet connection
2019-04-04 02:45:01

Hi,

what is the current network topology? 

How do you make them back to work once they lost signal? At that time, with your device connected to it, what is the IP address and default gateway obtained by it? Below is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/

And what is the current hardware and firmware version of the 2 RE450? You can update the firmware to the latest one. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 912

Replies: 1