Smart Plug API/ GPL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Plug API/ GPL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Plug API/ GPL
Smart Plug API/ GPL
2019-04-02 04:21:37
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello fellow TP Link users. I am not an expert programmer but I'd like to know if there's any method (through API or by modifying the GPL codes) that I could use to obtain the data of the smart plug so that I could save the data and project it on my personal dashboard. The two data that I'd like to pull are running hours/ energy usage and on/off state. Thank you.

frown

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Plug API/ GPL
2019-04-02 08:24:11

Dein wrote

Hello fellow TP Link users. I am not an expert programmer but I'd like to know if there's any method (through API or by modifying the GPL codes) that I could use to obtain the data of the smart plug so that I could save the data and project it on my personal dashboard. The two data that I'd like to pull are running hours/ energy usage and on/off state. Thank you.

frown

Hello,

To ensure the stable performance of cloud server so as to provide good experience to end-users, currently, TP-Link has no plan to open smart home API to terminal user or third-party parterners. But fortunately, some programers have shared their own findings regarding API on Github/Softscheck. You can go to this kind of site to have a look.

For GPL code, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/gpl-code/

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Smart Plug API/ GPL
2019-04-02 10:45:59

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for clearing things up with me. I'll give the repo on github a look. Please do let us know if TP-Link decides to open up their API/ REST with the users.

On a separate note, do you have any guidelines on working with the GPL codes? For example uploading the codes, updating the codes etc.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Smart Plug API/ GPL
2019-04-03 00:45:37

Dein wrote

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for clearing things up with me. I'll give the repo on github a look. Please do let us know if TP-Link decides to open up their API/ REST with the users.

On a separate note, do you have any guidelines on working with the GPL codes? For example uploading the codes, updating the codes etc.

Thanks

Hi Dein,

Surely do, we will let you know if there is any update. 

Besides, we are sorry to tell you that there is not much guidelines for GPL codes. You can check them online as well. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Smart Plug API/ GPL
2021-12-25 03:01:10

@Kevin_Z 

Would love to see a seperate public API, maybe hand out public API keys using a 2 factor authentication method, I would love to see it because then I could create my own personal dashboard, and create my own application for controlling my lights

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2173

Replies: 4