Calling sip:Albert@sip.net from working sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org (TPlink Archer VR600v V2)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Calling sip:Albert@sip.net from working sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org (TPlink Archer VR600v V2)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-04 10:14:55 - last edited 2019-04-17 09:20:00
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, :-)

I have added a SIP account to the router under telephones successfully. That is, I can now call sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org (just an example) from the Internet using LinPhone and it will ring my phone at home.

How do I proceed to do the opposite? How can I call sip:Albert@sip.net using the registered and working sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org account with the router?

What I would like is to add a SIP number to the phone book and then have me connected to Albert when speed-dialing that. Unfortunately, the router only allows me to enter numbers everywhere. I can't add it to the phone-book, I can't call it, I can't make it forward - all it wants are numbers and "Albert@sip.net" is not numeric.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Calling sip:Albert@sip.net from working sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org (TPlink Archer VR600v V2)-Solution
2019-04-17 09:19:30 - last edited 2019-04-17 09:20:00

German support just told me that it is not possible to add SIP "numbers" to the phonebook (or call them otherwise).
While the router would be perfectly capable of doing so, this ability seems to have been removed/not implemented deliberately. The biggest competitor in Germany (FRITZ!Box) has an option for this and allows you to call SIP numbers.

I'm guessing that this "castration" will cost you customers...

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Calling sip:Albert@sip.net from working sip:MyAtHome@super.sip.org (TPlink Archer VR600v V2)-Solution
2019-04-17 09:19:30 - last edited 2019-04-17 09:20:00

German support just told me that it is not possible to add SIP "numbers" to the phonebook (or call them otherwise).
While the router would be perfectly capable of doing so, this ability seems to have been removed/not implemented deliberately. The biggest competitor in Germany (FRITZ!Box) has an option for this and allows you to call SIP numbers.

I'm guessing that this "castration" will cost you customers...

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 1