Feature Request - sunset options & correct sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-05 22:46:50
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

It would be great if we could get more options on Sunset and Sunrise instead of using Nautical which is too late for sunset and too early for sunrise.  Nautical twilight is about an hour after it is dark, and it is really dark well before that and "sunset" lighting should be on well before that.  I'd like to see civilian values or true sunset/sunrise values.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature Request - sunset options & correct sunset
2019-04-09 08:28:03

Hi,

There is a plan to add this function about sunset/sunrise function already, it will be available in next firmware. 

You can keep an eye on the official website for updates.

May it help. Good day. 

SkipFire wrote

It would be great if we could get more options on Sunset and Sunrise instead of using Nautical which is too late for sunset and too early for sunrise.  Nautical twilight is about an hour after it is dark, and it is really dark well before that and "sunset" lighting should be on well before that.  I'd like to see civilian values or true sunset/sunrise values.

Options
2021-11-24 18:50:25
Hi, I'm new to the whole Kasa eco and loving so far, but I have the same frustration as @SkipFire. We HAD the lights in the house set to turn ON at sunset and it was almost pitch-black inside by the time they came on. Is this function still going to be implemented (or am I missing it in the app?)? I can see cases where you would want a lamp to cleanly go ON/OFF at sunset/sunrise, but if you added a "time offset" option when sunset/sunrise is selected that would solve the problem. How I see it working is you select ON/OFF timing for "sunset", then a popup appears that allows you to go "+/-" up to 60min from "sunset". If you just click by it, it's no different than now. If you input "-15min" then the light would go on 15min before sunset, if you input "+15min" then the light would go on 15min after sunset. This would solve another issue, rooms facing east getting darker even before the west-facing, or better lite rooms get dark. TP-Link any thoughts?
Options
2021-11-24 19:10:06
Model: HS103 Hardware Ver: 5.0 Firmware Ver: 1.0.3 Update: My bad, I see that this feature IS available as "fade" for the smart bulbs and switches, but not smart plugs... bummer 😞 Is it a hardware limitation where the programing stays resident to the device and plugs can't handle that? Clearly many people like myself have a lot of lamps plugged into smart plugs, but if they can't offer this capability then it looks like I'll need to replace them with smart bulbs and eBay the plugs away (I wish this was printed someplace before I made the purchase) 🤦🏽‍♂️
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 3