Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?
2019-04-15 12:54:57

Hello!

If DECO is RED, WIFI is OK but in automatic adressing on the client, no access to internet, i can access to internet by doing in manual.

No DHCP activated on the switch.

Could you please explain me the third point, i don't understand the arp a?!

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?
2019-04-19 07:35:18

Hi,

The DHCP server is disabled when Deco works as AP mode, while when Deco is red, that means there is no internet access from main router,  the DHCP server will be turned on automatically and temporarily to issue IP address for the client device, so that the Deco unit can still be managed. 

That is why you get IP address assigned by Deco unit when the Deco unit becomes red and no internet access. 

It is suggested to check whether you can get internet from the internet box when the Deco becomes red. 

For the ARP -A command, you can refer to the below instruction, if it is not clear, you may search online.

https://www.computerhope.com/arphlp.htm 

And on your windows computer, you can press windows key + R key and enter CMD, then enter ARP -A to find the IP address and the related mac address.

Good day. 

nobru26 wrote

Hello!

If DECO is RED, WIFI is OK but in automatic adressing on the client, no access to internet, i can access to internet by doing in manual.

No DHCP activated on the switch.

Could you please explain me the third point, i don't understand the arp a?!

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?
2019-05-13 10:17:18 - last edited 2019-05-13 10:24:25

@nobru26 Hi

cause there is no reply from your end, our engineer will contact you and try to fix it, and if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Thanks for your cooperation and support in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?
2019-05-17 19:55:05

Hello!

Answer given by email.

Waiting your help

Will post here results.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Why Deco M5 in router will not adress clients?
2019-05-20 00:50:26

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply.

Our engineer will follow up, please notice your inbox. 

Have a great day. 

Options
Related Articles