Promiscuous mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Promiscuous mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Promiscuous mode
Promiscuous mode
2019-04-07 20:21:56 - last edited 2019-04-07 20:24:00
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I need to buy USB wifi adapter with option to enable promiscuous mode to "pass all traffic it receives to the central processing unit rather than passing only the frames that the controller is specifically programmed to receive" (Wikipedia). Does this product have this mode? If not, which USB wifi adapters do? :-)

Thanks for any help,

have a nice day/night.

Michał

Options
5 Reply
Re:Promiscuous mode
2019-04-10 10:36:32

Hi,

There is a beta driver for TL-WN725N  V3 which supports monitor mode.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wn725n/#Driver 

May it help. Good day. 

michcioh wrote

Hi,

I need to buy USB wifi adapter with option to enable promiscuous mode to "pass all traffic it receives to the central processing unit rather than passing only the frames that the controller is specifically programmed to receive" (Wikipedia). Does this product have this mode? If not, which USB wifi adapters do? :-)

Thanks for any help,

have a nice day/night.

Michał

Options
Re:Re:Promiscuous mode
2019-04-13 06:20:08

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I don't see on website you wrote beta drivers for Windows. I bough TL-WN725N  V3, I installed driver from this website, but it not allow me to set monitor mode (I cheched it for few ways, for example by WLanHelper).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Promiscuous mode
2019-04-15 06:55:02

Hi,

The adapter TL-WN725N,V3 supports linux Kernel Version    2.6.18 ~ 4.4.3. If your kernal version is not included, you may not be able to use it. And since linux has many branches, we cannot provide some help for it. We would like to provide the chipset of this adapter so that you can get some help from some professional website like github.com. Chipse is Realtek RTL8188EUS.

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Promiscuous mode
2019-04-16 06:33:57

Thank you. How about Windows? Can you help me to find some USB Wi-Fi adapter for Windows, enabled in shops, having possible to use promiscuous mode ?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Promiscuous mode
2019-04-18 07:58:57

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that there is no adapter with official driver that can support promiscuous mode on Windows PC.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4426

Replies: 5