tpPLC utility fails to show devices
2019-04-08 16:55:54

I can no longer successfully launch the tpPLC utility to display my connected PowerLine devices. It's the latest version from 2018-08-16.

I'm running Windows 10 build 1809. Previously, the utility launched fine. Now, it launches, asks for admin permission, then shows the blue window, but only a spinning icon in the middle. No adapters are shown as before. The app is unresponsive to pressing the icons on the left column. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this utility several times without success. It does launch on a different PC and Mac, just not this one.

I called tech support, and they promised to ask the developer, but they never got back to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options
3 Replies
Re:tpPLC utility fails to show devices
2019-04-10 09:48:22

Hi,

What is the model number of your powerline adapters?

What is the led status of it as well?

Please show us a screenshot of the tpPLC utility page. Besides, did you try to uninstall and reinstall it to give it a shot?

Is there any other computer you can do a comparison test?

Good day. 

Krakatos wrote

I can no longer successfully launch the tpPLC utility to display my connected PowerLine devices. It's the latest version from 2018-08-16.

I'm running Windows 10 build 1809. Previously, the utility launched fine. Now, it launches, asks for admin permission, then shows the blue window, but only a spinning icon in the middle. No adapters are shown as before. The app is unresponsive to pressing the icons on the left column. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling this utility several times without success. It does launch on a different PC and Mac, just not this one.

I called tech support, and they promised to ask the developer, but they never got back to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options
Re:tpPLC utility fails to show devices
2019-04-14 04:23:21

I have this problem as well, my device is TL-PA7020P. Anyone have a solution ?

Options
Re:Re:tpPLC utility fails to show devices
2019-04-15 07:09:49

Hi, 

For your problem, here are some suggestions that you may have a try first:

Firstly, please make sure the powerline LED (home light) is on on both your powerline devices;

Secondly, please make sure the PC with tpPLC utility installed has no problem to access internet from the powerline device;

Thirdly, please try to unload the tpPLC Utility and download another one from our official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-pa7010-kit/#Utility

Or try to download the tpPLC on another computer and check if it is same.

Good day!

Options