Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-09 11:54:23
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: last one

Hi,
my logitech harmony hub frequently disconnects from internet (red light); every other devices work fine during the hub disconnection (internet and wifi connection for example) and the hub reconnect itself after an half minute; i tried all the suggestion from logitech site as reset internet settings, reconnect to the wifi, reserve an ip address etc etc but the concers persists,  i tried also to disable the tplink option called Fast Roaming (IEEE 802.11r that allow devices to switch connection to different Deco seamlessly).

the Hub is the only device in my house with this problem.

I was thinking about an incompatibility between the hub and a mesh system like the TP-Link Deco that can cause the disconnection.

Can someone help me?

thanks

Options
18 Reply
Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-10 02:04:31

Hi,

There is no such feedback reported by our customers regarding  to the incompatibility issue between them.

Per you said, all the devices work properly except the Logitech harmony hub, that means the Deco P7 should be working normally.

While back to your case, we can do some troubleshooting:

1. what is the current network topology/diagram?

2. What is the current operation mode of Logitech hub? Is it router mode?

3. It is suggested to configure Logitech hub as an access point to do a comparison test.

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-12 21:13:09

Hi,

thanks for support.

1- how can i find the topology/diagram?

2-3- i cant set anything in the hub, i just select the wifi network

Options
Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-14 00:37:47

Maybe your Harmony hub is switching between the mesh units too much?...is it in the middle of 2 units?

Perhaps try and switch off Mesh technology for that device form the device list? 

Although I'm on the M5, my harmony hub works fine.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-15 06:38:05

Hi,

1- how can i find the topology/diagram?

A topology should be a network map/scenario in your house like below for example:

ISP--Internet modem--Deco--Harmony hub )))((( PCs, phones, etc. So, you may send me a network topology so that we can know about your network well to find out the problem out as soon.

2-3- i cant set anything in the hub, i just select the wifi network

It is possible that this hub has problem to connect to the Deco wifi. But there is no much thing we can do on Deco yet since your other devices are working fine. When you contacted with Harmony support, did you get any suggestion that should be done on our Deco system?  If it is, please let us know and we will be very glad to help with that. And what is the model number of your Harmony hub?

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-15 20:34:44 - last edited 2019-04-15 20:35:51

Is possible that the hub switch too much between two nodes, but how can i block this switching?

How can i switch off mesh technology for this device?

The topology is simple...I have the isp modem...and 3 decos

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-15 22:08:22

Petrinho wrote

Is possible that the hub switch too much between two nodes, but how can i block this switching?

on the device list, tap on your hrmony hub > tap on the device icon at the top > you should see an option "Mesh Technology - disabling thisoption will turn off seamless roaming between deco and this device"

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-16 12:31:13

Hi,

How did you connect your hub to the Deco? is it like below?

ISP modem--main deco P7 --wired a Logitech Harmoy Hub 

+ )))((( Other Deco P7 (by wireless  connection)

If so, did you do any troubleshooting from the Logitech Harmoy Hub end before?

Please try to connect your hub directly to the ISP modem by pass the Deco P7 and see if it is same issue. If it is, you may need to consult the Logitech Harmoy Hub support and locate the problem for you.

If the topology I guess is wrong, could you please kindly correct and tell me the correct topolgy?

Thanks, good day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-19 20:54:56

BarryTreeg wrote

Petrinho wrote

on the device list, tap on your hrmony hub > tap on the device icon at the top > you should see an option "Mesh Technology - disabling thisoption will turn off seamless roaming between deco and this device"

I’vent this option on my app...if i click on the device icon i can only change the name, select “belongs to” and see the connection details (ip and mac address). Probably the P7 doesn’t have this option!?!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-04-19 20:56:56

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

How did you connect your hub to the Deco? is it like below?

ISP modem--main deco P7 --wired a Logitech Harmoy Hub 

+ )))((( Other Deco P7 (by wireless  connection)

If so, did you do any troubleshooting from the Logitech Harmoy Hub end before?

Please try to connect your hub directly to the ISP modem by pass the Deco P7 and see if it is same issue. If it is, you may need to consult the Logitech Harmoy Hub support and locate the problem for you.

If the topology I guess is wrong, could you please kindly correct and tell me the correct topolgy?

Thanks, good day!

The harmony hub can only be connected via Wifi, so it is:

isp modem—-main deco P7 —- wireless logitech harmony + othet P7 (wireless+powerline)

Options
Re:Logitech Harmoy Hub frequently disconnects from internet
2019-12-01 09:06:28

@Petrinho 

Same problem here. I have only 1 Deco 5 so no mesh. And my Harmony Hub is disconnecting also. 

Would be nice if TP-LINK investigate this... Because its strange when devices disconnect when using 1 deco router device.

CHecked my Channel and im the only one here on channel 7.

Cheers

Peter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9736

Replies: 18