Using Unlimited Plan Sim in MiFi/Wifi Router?
2019-04-10 14:54:09 - last edited 2019-04-11 19:26:28

Hello everyone,,

So I live in an area where the available traditional internet services are literally the worst. I have a job opportunity, but it requires a 20mbps download, 4mbps upload speed on a wired connection. I want to Mobdro buy a router (like a TP Link) and use an ethernet cord. However, I want to make sure using the T-Mobile plan would be OK in this situation? Would they care that the sim is in a router? I cannot use their data as a Lucky Patcher hotspot as it is only 3g (and in order to achieve the speeds I need, it would have to be 4G).

Are there other (3d party) Kodi SIM companies with lots of data for cheaper at these speeds? Everything I'm seeing 3d party is rather slow - or just barely making the 20/4 requirements.

I only need about 20GB per month for my job (involves video calls about 4 hours a day)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Unlimited Plan Sim in MiFi/Wifi Router?
2019-04-11 07:12:22

Hi,

There are some 3/4G routers can work with sim card directly. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/3g-4g-router/ 

While for the speed cares the sim card which put in the router, if the you cannot pick up good signal strength with the sim card in your area, it will affect the speed a lot.

As a manufacturer, we are not familiar with the sim companies which can provide better options, it is suggested to contact them personally. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Lincon wrote

Hello everyone,,

So I live in an area where the available traditional internet services are literally the worst. I have a job opportunity, but it requires a 20mbps download, 4mbps upload speed on a wired connection. I want to buy a router (like a TP Link) and use an ethernet cord. However, I want to make sure using the T-Mobile plan would be OK in this situation? Would they care that the sim is in a router? I cannot use their data as a hotspot as it is only 3g (and in order to achieve the speeds I need, it would have to be 4G).

Are there other (3d party) SIM companies with lots of data for cheaper at these speeds? Everything I'm seeing 3d party is rather slow - or just barely making the 20/4 requirements.

I only need about 20GB per month for my job (involves video calls about 4 hours a day)

Options