TL-WPA8630P v2.0 kit connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-12 17:11:10
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

Hello all,

so after purchasing the kit and correctly installing it as showed by the instructions, my connection keeps cutting out every once in a while.

I bought this product to gain a solid connection from the ground floor to the attic, and so far it has been a disappointment.

I downloaded all the most recent firmware updates for both devices and updated them through the tpPLC program.

The connection constantly sits on yellow, never on green. Both devices are connected through a wall socket, and have another connection in the socket.

Testing on websites, it seems to be solid 40 Mbps download, which is all I get from my ISP. 

During doing anything my ping continues to spike from 30 to 2000 and does this regularly, as if it loses connection for several moments and sometimes an entire minute. Tested on several devices with the same result, which would suggest no issues with the drivers on the pc.I tried changing up the cables in case there was a faulty cat5 cable, with no result. 

I hope you guys have some suggestions as to how to solve my problem. I dont want to send it back, I just want a working connection.

Greetings, and thank you in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P v2.0 kit connectivity issues
2019-04-16 06:40:11

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

It is suggested to change the location of the second powerline device on the location of attic. If possible, could you please take the second powerline to the groud floor and plug it into wall socket in the same room with the first one and check the stability? 

Here is a faq for some basic troubleshooting: 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/882/

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/901/

Good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 1