UK plug upside down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

UK plug upside down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
UK plug upside down
UK plug upside down
2019-04-14 11:56:18
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to install a powerline adapter to boost my home network and need the ethernet sockets to be at the bottom of the adapter but looking at all the product images it appears the ports are on the top. I don't understand why this appers true for the UK but for other regions it appers they can orientate the adapter such that the leads enter the base. If the adapter is locatted directly behind a desk having the posrt on top may be helpful for all other circumstances it is not. Surely it is far more sensinble to have the adapter orientated such that the leads exit down. I have seen others raise similar comments. It looks like the only UK adapters doing this are old low spec models, why?

I need to resolve network connectivity to my living room but not if that means ethernet cables looking like a fountain against my living room wall. It appears that it is not just TP-Link making the uK suffer this way. Does anyone know a of a high spec powerline adapter with 2/3 ports which is configured such that the ethernet leads exit downwards (any manufacturer)?

Options
4 Reply
Re:UK plug upside down
2019-04-16 06:56:29

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback. 

We do have a model that with Ethernet port downwards, namely TL-PA4010P kit. Please check:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa4010p-kit/

But there is no wireless function on this powerline device and there is only one Ethernet port available.

We will help to feedback and see if our R&D can make new wireless powerline devices with Ethernet ports downwards.

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:UK plug upside down
2019-04-16 17:15:31

Thank you for replying and suggesting the TL-PA4010P. I had spotted this option but it has relatively low bandwidth of 100Mbps compared with your latest MIMO adapters. I am not concerned about WiFi my primary requirements are for an integrated socket, high bandwidth > 500Mbps and ideally with multiple ports. If the TL-PA8033P was orientated the other way up it would be perfect.

Options
Re:Re:Re:UK plug upside down
2019-04-17 08:11:12

Hi,

Right, TL-PA8033P should be perfect for you to use if  these three Ethernet ports are all downward.But sorry if it not. We will try to improve this feature in near future, thank you!

Good day!

Options
Re:UK plug upside down
2021-09-13 18:44:08
plis
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 765

Replies: 4