MR400 choose an ISP not possible with data roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 06:26:11 - last edited 2019-04-19 01:33:30
Model: Archer MR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.0.1

Hi, I have a Swiss SIM using it it France with data roaming (I have unlimited data).

But the SIM connects always to a random provider like Orange, SRF, but not the one I like. I want connect to Bouygues because it has the best data throughput.

How can I force the router to connect to a specific ISP, like I can do it on my mobile? On the mobile I can search all networks and then choose one out of the list.

Thanks for help

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR400 choose an ISP not possible with data roaming
2019-04-19 01:33:22 - last edited 2019-04-19 01:33:30

Hi,

FYI, There are some ISPs info built in the router, while not all of them.

The ISP is detected automatically, I'm afraid that there is no way to fix it. 

Meanwhile, as my knowledge, the ISP won't affect the actual performance of the router. 

With it chose Orange or SRF, is there any probelm happened? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:MR400 choose an ISP not possible with data roaming
2019-04-19 19:52:20

Hi Kevin

Thanks, there is not actually a problem,  but with Bouygues I would have the highest download rate. I tested it with my mobile where I can select the ISP network, and Bouygues has the best performance.

Options
Re:Re:Re:MR400 choose an ISP not possible with data roaming
2019-04-23 07:28:40

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation. 

The ISP cannot be fixed, while you can create a profile manually to satisfy your needs. 

Once you logged into the web UI of MR400, go to advanced-network-internet, click "create profile" to do that.

Note: You need contact Bouygues in advance to get the configuration parameters first. 

May it  help, have a nice day. 

marcandres wrote

Hi Kevin

Thanks, there is not actually a problem,  but with Bouygues I would have the highest download rate. I tested it with my mobile where I can select the ISP network, and Bouygues has the best performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1133

Replies: 3