TP-Link Wireless Network Utility takes a lot of time to load on macOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-19 23:57:38
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3

Hello. My USB Wi-Fi Adapter Network Utiltiy takes an awful lot of time to load when the computer is logged into. I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.3, but this problem has been around since macOS High Sierra. The time it takes for my network utitlity to load since the computer boots up varies from 2 mins to 6 mins. This time calculated by the terminal command `uptime`. I'm okay with the 2 min time, because I have a slow computer so it's understandable, but 6 mins is not acceptable. I am not completely sure about this, but I have noticed that the for the utility startup time is >4 mins when I don't immediately log into the computer after booting up, that is, the computer boots up and brings up the login screen, but I don't immediately put the password. If it helps, my computer and therefore, the Wi-Fi, is up for 12-15 hours at a time in a day. It's not always in use though, I put my computer to sleep for 3-4 hours during this period when I'm away from my desk. Can someone please help me here? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Wireless Network Utility takes a lot of time to load on macOS
2019-04-22 12:20:34

Hi,

There is no official TP-Link network utility which supports Mac OS 10.14 yet, have you tried to use the built-in utility on the Mac OS itself to connect to the wifi network?

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-wn725n/v2/#Utility

Besides, have you installed the driver for Mac 10.14 yet?

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 1