My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-20 16:20:36 - last edited 2019-07-22 02:01:34
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My computer got an Windows Update.  Now, I am no longer able to connect to my 5G network.  I CAN, however, connect to the 2.4G network just fine. went ahead and updated to the latest drivers from your site, but to no avail. When i try to connect to the  5 ghz one, the adapter shuts down.I even called to Technical Support and they tryed everything and still nothing..

I also tried to roll back the driver to the previous version, but this didn't work either.

Options
60 Reply
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-22 11:42:52

Hi,

What is the operating system of your computer?

What kind of troubleshooting you have done with our tech support? 

Can you detect the 5ghz on the computer with the T2U? If so, is there any error message shows that you cannot connect  to it? 

Did  you try to change another USB port/ update the driver/ or reinstall it? 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-24 06:07:35 - last edited 2019-04-24 06:08:12

Hi, i've got the same problem from couple of days. My adapter can detect 5ghz network, but after trying to connect system shut down it after 10s and then there is no network on wifi list, after 5s available wifis show up and there is a message that it cannot connect to the wifi (5 ghz). I can connect to 2.4 ghz network but the speed of connection is really low 5mb. It used to be more than 50 mb. I checked speed on the other device and its correct, so its definitely problem with adapter. I tried change adapter to other USB ports and tried to reinstall it. Nothing changed :(

I have win10 64bit.

Options
Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-24 06:37:06

Hi,

Did you try to forget the network and reconnect to it? Does it work? 

Meanwhile, you can change the wireless channel of the 5Ghz on the main router. Like channel 36, 40 or 44. 

Have you ever tried to update the driver to the latest one? 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-t2u/#Driver

Besides, do you have any other computer we can do a comparison analysis? 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Jakub_B wrote

Hi, i've got the same problem from couple of days. My adapter can detect 5ghz network, but after trying to connect system shut down it after 10s and then there is no network on wifi list, after 5s available wifis show up and there is a message that it cannot connect to the wifi (5 ghz). I can connect to 2.4 ghz network but the speed of connection is really low 5mb. It used to be more than 50 mb. I checked speed on the other device and its correct, so its definitely problem with adapter. I tried change adapter to other USB ports and tried to reinstall it. Nothing changed :(

I have win10 64bit.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-24 07:25:36

It's a little mistake. I have adapter: Archer T2UH v2.0, but problem is the same.

"Did you try to forget the network and reconnect to it? Does it work?"

Tried and it doesnt work.

"Meanwhile, you can change the wireless channel of the 5Ghz on the main router. Like channel 36, 40 or 44. "

Changed to 40 from 36 and it didnt help.

"Have you ever tried to update the driver to the latest one? "

Yes, I updated to the latest version.

"Besides, do you have any other computer we can do a comparison analysis?"

I check my network connection speed on mobile phone, i dont have other computer.

Below you have list of devices connected to my router. As you see there are 2 devices connected properly to 5 GHz. Device "Desktop..." is the one with adapter.

What else can i do?

Options
Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-24 08:51:43

Hey everybody, I have a similar problem. I'm using the Archer T2UH and can't connect to the 5ghz network either since last week. I can still see and connect to 2,4ghz networks, I can still see see the 5ghz network, I just can't connect to it. 

Now afaik there was no Windows Update in the last week for me, the only thing I changed was unplug the adapter and plug it in again (then it stopped working). I had already tried what was suggested on this thread to no avail, resetting the router didn't work either. I also just downloaded the newest drivers and it didn't solve the issue.

I don't get error messages, instead the TP-Link configuration utility starts lagging and doesn't respond for minutes. This doesn't happen when I connect to 2,4ghz, there it connects within a few seconds.

It might not be the exact same problem, but I figured it's similar enough to use this thread.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-24 09:28:02
The guy at the tec support did all the things from the above and still nothing. He sad after two hours of talking at the phone that the problem is from a windows update and he will call when the things get back to normal. I've been waiting for a week now and i think im going to refund the adapter and buy a new one from another company.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-25 05:36:45

Hi,

@Victor01 So sorry for the inconvenience caused here, we will remind our agents to keep their promises and provide better customer services. 

Back to your case, you can refer to the instruction to disable automatic updates on Windows. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

@randomcitizen @Victor01 @Jakub_B Please try to install the driver below to give it a go.   

http://support.tp-link.com/f/2e8d04c5fd/?dl=1 

if still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message or the relative results. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-25 11:56:26 - last edited 2019-04-25 11:58:26

Installed the driver and it didn't change anything, still the same problem. 2,4ghz works fine, 5ghz takes ages to connect and then fails saying the key might be incorrect.

Installing both the utility and the driver resulted in not being able to find any networks after a few minutes. At first it was basically the same story but with different software, then all networks disappeared. After deleting and re-installing everything I'm back to being able to connect to 2,4g at least.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-27 00:11:02

The win updates are turned off i installed the driver and still nothing. im going to leave u a link of a video i made that show s what happens when i try to connect to 5ghz. 

https://youtu.be/PD56PRAvFAk 

If we cant make it work im going for a refund...

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:My Archer T2U Dual Band does not connect to 5 ghz Network after windows update.
2019-04-29 03:31:07

Hi,@Victor01 @randomcitizen sorry to hear that it still does not work.

We have reminded our R&D colleagues and they are working on it now and try to fix it; 

If you do not mind, please wait a while, any updates, I will let you know immediately. 

Thanks in advance for your support and understanding. 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 40149

Replies: 60

Related Articles