How to set RE450 V2.0 system time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to set RE450 V2.0 system time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How to set RE450 V2.0 system time?
2020-09-03 14:10:52

@Kevin_Z 

I tried many soft and hard restart with my extender still have same issue. Anything else to do?

Options
Re:How to set RE450 V2.0 system time?
2020-10-28 20:16:48

I have the same problem with RE200 v4.0 (firmware 1.0.4 - the latest one) and it's incredibly annoying because I can't use the power schedule feature. I can't set the time manually and it's not setting the time automatically either. I tried restarting it (even factory reset) many times without success.

Options
2020-10-29 11:51:10

@Veseth 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

We would like to check the following information and forward your case to the engineers later;

Except for the time setting, did the internet service work fine on the RE200?

How long have you had the RE200 and did this issue start out of the box?

If you manually choose the wrong time zone and switch it back, would there be any difference in the current time?

Or would there be any error message?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-10-30 05:40:51

@Solla-topee 

Hello

Except for the time setting, did the internet service work fine on the RE200?

Yes, it's extending the wi-fi signal very well.

How long have you had the RE200 and did this issue start out of the box?

I got it like 2 weeks ago. Yes, I don't think I was able to change the time ever. Also (I believe that) the device updated its firmware as soon as it was connected to the internet. 

If you manually choose the wrong time zone and switch it back, would there be any difference in the current time? Or would there be any error message?

I can change the time zone. I tried to change it so that it would correspond to my current time, not my time zone (e.g. I plugged it in on 7AM and in that moment the device started at 01/01/2019 00:00:00 so then I chose a +7 hours time zone). The time indeed changed (no error) and I thought that it might work this way. It didn't, both LED control and power schedule don't work. Is the problem with these features only connected to the wrong time? I don't know.

In my opinion the device should set its time according to the router's time (if it's possible of course).

Thanks for telling your engineers.

Options
2020-11-02 07:28:54

@Veseth 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Did the device connected to the RE200 have the correct time settings?

And did you mean after manually switching the time zone, the time is corrected but LED control and power schedule still take effect at the wrong time, or they didn't respond at all?

By the way, what is the model number of your home router?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-02 17:58:46

@Solla-topee 

Did the device connected to the RE200 have the correct time settings?

Yes.

And did you mean after manually switching the time zone, the time is corrected but LED control and power schedule still take effect at the wrong time, or they didn't respond at all?

They don't work at all. When I was testing it, RE200 was running for few days with power schedule turned on but it somehow ignored it.

By the way, what is the model number of your home router?

It's a device from a local provider named O2 Smart Box. It seems that it doesn't have a model number. This is what they say about: Based on the Broadcom BCM63138 chipset, the gateway displays time, weather and temperature information on its screen. As a home network router, it offers 4 Gbps Ethernet connectors and Dual-Band Wi-Fi with a theoretical throughput of 2.2 Gbps – 1740 Mbps at 5GHz. To maximise coverage, a set of integrated antennas using 4×4 MU­­­­-MIMO and Beamforming technology ensures a stable signal even when connecting multiple users.

Options