How to automatically switch to stronger wifi signal in the house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 02:25:00 - last edited 2019-04-23 02:27:01
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I live in two floor house. I have TP-Link Archer C1200 Router on 2nd floor, and TP-Link Wifi Extender RE350 on 1st floor. I got the extender to connect to the router and shows blue LED.

The problem is that the phone does not connect to the stronger wifi when I move from one floor to the other. It just stays with the same wifi that was connected initially (Currently the extender and the router uses same SSID). I heard that having the same security for both router and the wifi extender should solve the issue, but I have no idea how to force the TP-Link wifi extender to configure as WPA2 (Currently it's configured as WPA/WPA2-PSK).

And please don't tell me to use different SSIDs, as I have tried this and I had to manually change the wifi connection on the phone/laptop, and I do not want that. If anyone has an idea on this, please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to automatically switch to stronger wifi signal in the house?
2019-04-23 03:08:55

Hi, 

To build up the network connection between extender and router, the extender will use the same wireless settings as the main router, including the security type and wifi password. So you do not have to worry about that. 

Cause the current wifi names are the same, if you want to have seamless roaming and switch to the stronger wifi automatically, (for your information), the client devices need support seamless roaming as well. So that they can select the wifi with strong signal strength automatically. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5921

Replies: 1

Related Articles