Connect Cisco router to TP link AV1000 Gigabit kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 15:20:49 - last edited 2019-04-23 15:38:30
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to know whether it is possible to connect a Cisco router to my Powerline extender via an Ethernet cable. And if so, do I need to configure anything? If yes, how do I do that. I am not very technique when it comes to these kind of things. Is there anybody who can explain this to me? So the sequence is modem-> tplink homeplug -> tplink powerline extender with ethernet port -> cisco router. Thank you very much. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect Cisco router to TP link AV1000 Gigabit kit
2019-04-24 03:37:20

Hi,

Once you paired the powerline adapters and make them work, you can connect a switch to the powerline extender by wired cable and provide multiple ports for wired devices. There is no configuration needed.

How to pair: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/258/ 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Kim.d_K1 wrote

I would like to know whether it is possible to connect a Cisco router to my Powerline extender via an Ethernet cable. And if so, do I need to configure anything? If yes, how do I do that. I am not very technique when it comes to these kind of things. Is there anybody who can explain this to me? So the sequence is modem-> tplink homeplug -> tplink powerline extender with ethernet port -> cisco router. Thank you very much. 

Options
Re:Connect Cisco router to TP link AV1000 Gigabit kit
2019-04-26 16:19:33

Thank you Kevin for your reply but this is not really what I want to do. I want to add a cisco router to my powerline extender (wired connection with ethernet cable) to widen my wifi range.I have connected the ethernet cable to the powerline extender and to the cisco router but this dous not work. I probably have to do some configuration but i do not know how. 

Thank you in advance. 

Options
Re:Re:Connect Cisco router to TP link AV1000 Gigabit kit
2019-04-28 07:18:57

Hi, 

What is the network topology? Is it main router --ethernet cable--main powerline unit --power line--powerline extender---cisco switch?

As far as I know, there is no wifi function on the switch, it can be used to provide more ethernet ports for wired device, while it cannot extend the wifi range. 

Good day. 

Kim.d_K1 wrote

Thank you Kevin for your reply but this is not really what I want to do. I want to add a cisco router to my powerline extender (wired connection with ethernet cable) to widen my wifi range.I have connected the ethernet cable to the powerline extender and to the cisco router but this dous not work. I probably have to do some configuration but i do not know how. 

Thank you in advance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1695

Replies: 3