Three smart sockets failed simultaneously - won't reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 23:08:17 - last edited 2019-04-23 23:09:27
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi - I have three smart plugs all on the same network which have all become unresponsive all at the same time. 

They were all displaying a red/orange solid light. I've tried everything, including a factory reset by holding the button in for 8+ seconds. The light then flashes green and orange, and when I go through set up it flashes quickly green as if it's communicating with the app, network and plug. It asks for my WiFi password which I have reentered several times but then it says it can't connect and to check for typos. I have been pulling my hair out. 

They were so easy to set up originally which is why I went for tp-link, but I'm now at the end of my tether!

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Oh, and I'm not sure about the hardware version but they were all up to date regarding firmware

Options
1 Reply
Re:Three smart sockets failed simultaneously - won't reset
2019-04-24 03:15:53

Hi,

You can go to device settings page to find the hardware and firmware version. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2024/ 

You can power up one of them to configure it with the Kas app; first, you can hard reset it by holding the settings button for 10s, then move it closer to the main router, uninstall the kasa app and reinstall it again, or change another smart phone to configure it. 

If still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message it pops up. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Desperate67 wrote

Hi - I have three smart plugs all on the same network which have all become unresponsive all at the same time. 

They were all displaying a red/orange solid light. I've tried everything, including a factory reset by holding the button in for 8+ seconds. The light then flashes green and orange, and when I go through set up it flashes quickly green as if it's communicating with the app, network and plug. It asks for my WiFi password which I have reentered several times but then it says it can't connect and to check for typos. I have been pulling my hair out. 

They were so easy to set up originally which is why I went for tp-link, but I'm now at the end of my tether!

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Oh, and I'm not sure about the hardware version but they were all up to date regarding firmware

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 1