Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5-Solution
2020-09-10 10:30:19 - last edited 2020-09-10 10:30:29

@Dalaracing 

Hello, 

Is your model number Archer C7? Ensure it is running with the latest firmware first.

Please help verify some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. Kindly check the below VPN setup instructions again to confirm all the settings on the C7 are correct:
How to use OpenVPN to access your home network through the Wi-Fi Routers
BTW, please also provide us your network topology.
2. If the above guide doesn't help, please tell us what is the WAN IP address of the C7 and it is suggested to configure the DDNS:
How to set up TP-LINK DDNS on TP-Link Wireless Router?

3. Please check the VPN Tunnel: login the web interface, and on the VPN Server-> VPN Connections, we can see the status of the VPN Server, confirm if there is a VPN connection enabled. If not, which means the VPN setup is not successful.
4. Check the Firewall and Anti-Virus software on the server: generally, Windows Firewall would block the packages from the VPN Client, disabling the firewall on Windows PC for "public" and "private" network will be helpful. Windows Firewall is located at "Control panel->System and Security->Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall".

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5
2020-10-21 18:19:50

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have two Archer C7 V5's.

I was able to setup OpenVpn on one with no problem.

On the second one, when trying to connect I am getting the following error:

There was an error attempting to connect to the selected server.

Error message: OpenSSLContext:SSL:read_cleartext: BIO_read failed, cap-2576 status--1: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

I have udpated firmware, regenerated certificate serveral time with no luck.

Looking forward to any assistance.

Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5
2020-10-22 03:36:54

@Hairoun 

Hello, may I know how did you connect the 2nd C7 to the OpenVPN server on the 1st? The Archer C7 router doesn't support VPN client settings, it only offers a VPN server.

BTW, please offer a detailed network layout and how do you want to use the two C7s, thanks.

Options
Re:Having trouble setting up an OpenVPN server on the Archer C7 v5
2020-11-06 08:48:01

@CraftyClown Same problem with Archer AX 1500.
Cant fix it

Options