Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-26 20:48:39
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 3.1.6

Why tp-camera app do not connect whit de most popular communication lenguaje (IFTTT, Google home, Alexa and or z-wave or zigbee).

Options
12 Reply
Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-04-28 06:54:22

Hi,

The cloud camera does not support Alexa or Google home yet, while the KC series camera does. 

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/security-cameras

May it help and have a nice day. 

Fede wrote

Why tp-camera app do not connect whit de most popular communication lenguaje (IFTTT, Google home, Alexa and or z-wave or zigbee).

Options
Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-04-28 12:56:07

Hi, is true... but if you have a sistema configurate whit NC cameras, you did not sell and bought new cameras. In the end NC or TC cameras are designed by the same company. 

For mi, tp camera must connect at last tu IFTTT. 

Options
Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-04-29 17:59:58

It is not a configuration issue, it is a topic of acceptance of the new communication languages.

kasa of Tp-link allows certain connections (like IFTTT) that Tp-camera of Tp-link does not, and that is my doubt, why can not it? what differences are there?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-03 09:26:56

Good morning, I consult again to know if anyone knows why we can not connect our camera systems NC with the Tp camera application to a more integrated home automation system? such as google home, IFTTT, smartthings, etc.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-05 01:29:21

Hi,

Sorry to respond late cause we are off duty during the international Labour Day. 

Per I said, the NC series camera does not support Google home or Alexa yet.  First of all, NC camera has been released for few years, and there is no capability to work with a more integrated home automation system by initially designing. 

While we do know the importance and meaning of this feature, we will remind our R&D colleagues and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

For now, as a workaround, the KC camera can work with the Google home or Alexa. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-07 12:49:48
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

As I was saying, I do not think it's feasible, economically speaking, for the users of the NC cameras to change their cameras for KC cameras.
I think what Tp Link should point to is to perform a frimware update to be able to connect the NC camera to IFTTT at least.
In this way we can automate the camera's mode and its functions.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-10 10:00:47

Got it, per I said before, we will remind our R&D colleagues. 

Thanks for your suggestion again, have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-15 20:06:14

Ok. Thanks! 

I'll be waiting for news
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-16 02:16:42

Sure, and do not hesitate to contact us if need more help in the future. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Tp camera connect whit IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa or Smartthings
2019-05-17 04:41:48
I also have difficulty in this issue

Margram - Chuyên Gia Thiết kế bao bì hàng đầu tại Việt Nam
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3232

Replies: 12