Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
124 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet
2021-09-17 18:25:18 - last edited 2021-09-17 18:26:06

My problem with my 2M9plus&1M3W mesh is that I don't even get to AP mode.

When I want to configure it from router mode to AP mode (just in the main M9plus), it restarts, and stays in red. I don't even see 1st one working as AP, and of course the DHCP problem goes after it.

Regards.

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus in AP mode taking over DHCP server and assigning IPs in own subnet
2021-09-18 13:12:34 - last edited 2021-09-19 23:01:02

@TP-Link 

@DLMax did indeed make a good point, but that point has been made for 2 YEARS and 5 MONTHS. There's nothing new in what your customers have been asking. When in AP/Bridge mode then please disable all services. It hasn't ever been any more complex than that.

Can you please commit to a firmware version and an ETA of its release to finally enable this simple feature request.

Options
2021-11-12 14:49:01

@TP-Link we have a deco 60. Could you please inform when this update to disable dhcp will be available as we cannot use certain devices due to this.

Options
2021-11-12 19:08:47

@AlexMi 

This issue is almost 3 years old. The problem to fix is no doubt a few days, testing and then release. It could have been done and delivered a long time back. They don't care about this and they aren't interested in those of us that had issues due to this totally deranged functionality.

If you can, offload the devices and invest in another vendor.

Options
Related Articles