Bulbs need default state off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-05 01:58:28

Is it possible to add default power on state to off, i live in a country where the power goes off every day and if i am not here the lights are on permanently after power is restored, this is a major flaw and prevents me from adding more globes

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bulbs need default state off
2019-05-05 08:10:25

Hi,

The bulb will turn on after the power comes back, and may I know is it a regular power cut every day? For example, it happens at a certain time?

If so, you can create a schedule to turn it off after that. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1249/

Meanwhile, we will remind our R&D colleagues and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Have a nice day. 

Chri wrote

Is it possible to add default power on state to off, i live in a country where the power goes off every day and if i am not here the lights are on permanently after power is restored, this is a major flaw and prevents me from adding more globes

Options
Re:Bulbs need default state off
2021-03-10 23:30:56

Hi, please will you let me know if this request got to your R&D colleagues as mentioned below? I'm new to smart bulbs and have just purchased 2, including a TP Link bulb as my main bedroom bulb! I need to resolve this also, after several power cuts overnight and getting woken up by the light coming on every time!! I'd have happily slept through as the electric was back on by the time my work alarm went off!! Major flaw in my opinion and I will be reviewing as such I'm afraid. Yha

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

The bulb will turn on after the power comes back, and may I know is it a regular power cut every day? For example, it happens at a certain time?

If so, you can create a schedule to turn it off after that. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1249/

Meanwhile, we will remind our R&D colleagues and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Have a nice day. 

Chri wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 878

Replies: 2