Archer C7 V4 and V5 NAT problem on PPPoE connections ( again)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-18 09:32:40 - last edited 2019-05-19 07:00:03
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: latest

Hello,

Again about this problem reported on old forums, on this forums and with TP-Link support from Romania.

It is about C7 model, not A7. You even did not have this model with any firmware in the list, so i cant choose Archer C7...

We have here PPPoE connection - the most used by internet providers. On this kind of connection, if drops from some reasons and reconnect or if the ip is changed from the ISP, the hardware NAT crash and there is available only web browsing partially and very slow. Downloads does not work until the router is restarted. Ookla speed show an error when i try to do a test. I can reproduce the error anytime by plug out the cable from wan port for a short time, and put it back. Confirmed by service and TP-Link support from almost 2 years and no solution or firmware to repair this bug. Shame  for you because this show indifference about users. The same indifference was show by one of the managers from tplink Romania when i go there and try to have a discussion with him about this problem...

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V4 and V5 NAT problem on PPPoE connections ( again)
2019-05-20 03:51:39

Razvan974 wrote

Hello,

Again about this problem reported on old forums, on this forums and with TP-Link support from Romania.

It is about C7 model, not A7. You even did not have this model with any firmware in the list, so i cant choose Archer C7...

We have here PPPoE connection - the most used by internet providers. On this kind of connection, if drops from some reasons and reconnect or if the ip is changed from the ISP, the hardware NAT crash and there is available only web browsing partially and very slow. Downloads does not work until the router is restarted. Ookla speed show an error when i try to do a test. I can reproduce the error anytime by plug out the cable from wan port for a short time, and put it back. Confirmed by service and TP-Link support from almost 2 years and no solution or firmware to repair this bug. Shame  for you because this show indifference about users. The same indifference was show by one of the managers from tplink Romania when i go there and try to have a discussion with him about this problem...

Dear Razvan974

There is a firmware for Archer C7v4 that may can help solve your problem.

I suggest that you can try to upgrade your router to this firmware to have a try.

Please download the firmware from this link: http://support.tp-link.com/f/e1de4ef6a9/

If you don't know how to upgrade the rotuer, please refer to this faq:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2139/

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 V4 and V5 NAT problem on PPPoE connections ( again)
2019-05-20 05:53:46 - last edited 2019-05-20 06:33:12

Hi,

It seems that now the problem dissapeared, but it takes much longer to reconnect after the wan link drops. It take aproximatelly 3 mins. Probably the only solution was to restart some services in the back, after the link drops in order to bring back the hardware NAT.

Options
Re:Archer C7 V4 and V5 NAT problem on PPPoE connections ( again)
2019-05-21 18:23:21 - last edited 2019-05-22 03:37:14

Hello,

After i updated to this firmware, i have  problem with some games which uses UDP ports.  UDP port triggering not functioning correct.  These games report that ports which was open and used before this update without any problems, now are blocked. Even if in router settings at NAT forwarding - UDP ports auto -triggered correct, the port forwarding does not function. For example UDP port 4950 and 4955 used by Warframe game in order to connect to chat server and gameplay server. Works only if i set manually these ports and disable upnp from the router.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 V4 and V5 NAT problem on PPPoE connections ( again)
2019-05-22 20:41:31

The only solution now is to disable UPnP from router ( NAT forwarding) and manually set needed ports on Virtual servers ( NAT forwarding). UPnP not functioning at all.

The firmware is in beta state...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2886

Replies: 4