OK to attach EAP225-Outdoor to CPE510 in Client mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-18 14:19:59
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I want to provide access to my main LAN to a remote location. I plan to install a pair of CPE510 configured in AP and Client modes using MAXtream protocol. I plan to attach an EAP225 Outdoor to the client CPE510 to provide WIFI to the remote location. I realize that the CPE510 supports a Repeater mode, but my suspicion is that the performance will be lower and also I need an omni directional WIFI signal in the remote location. Is it acceptable to connect the EAP225 to the CPE510 directly via ethernet, or will there need to be a switch between them? These will both be using the passive PoE adapters, so I just wasn't sure if there might be an issue with cabling (perhaps needing crossover cable instead of straight-thru). Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:OK to attach EAP225-Outdoor to CPE510 in Client mode?
2019-05-21 07:25:50

Your topology is absolutely OK. Repeater mode coverage will be really bad, as CPE has directional antenna, so I would do the same, as you. Passive PoE adapters are auto-mdi/mdix, so no need to worry about cable.

Options