Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-19 23:33:53 - last edited 2019-05-19 23:34:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with my Deco M5. I just set up a new pfsense box as the router and my Deco M5 is behind it. The topology is as follows:

Router(Pfsense) -> switch -> Deco M5

Deco m5 are in AP mode and the internet Connection type is Dynamic IP.

The light on the Deco m5 is yellow, and the Dceco app show all the decos are offline. Funny thing is that all my device connected to Deco m5 are able to access internet. Does anyone know the possible cause of this issue?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2019-05-20 02:24:22

Hi,

With your device connected to the Deco M5, what is the IP address and default gateway it obtained?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

To do a comparison test, please connect your device to the main router by wireless and check the info mentioned above.

Besides, please connect your computer to the M5 by ethernet cable and test whether you can access the internet and the IP/gateway. 

Have you ever tried to reboot the whole system? Including the main router, switch and Deco.

May it help and have a good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2019-05-20 19:33:03

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Deco M5s are my only wifi access points and all my device connected to it are able to access internet fine. It was just starnge that the status light is showing yellow. When I woke up today the status light magically all turned to green. Not sure what happened but thatnks for your help anyway.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2019-05-21 00:59:16

Hi,

That woule be great,  glad to hear that it became normal now. 

You can take some time to test its performance, and do not hesitate to contact us if need any further help.

Have a good day. 

shizhengj wrote

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Deco M5s are my only wifi access points and all my device connected to it are able to access internet fine. It was just starnge that the status light is showing yellow. When I woke up today the status light magically all turned to green. Not sure what happened but thatnks for your help anyway.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2019-07-10 10:57:35

Hi i have the same problem also but the color of the led is red. The firmware is also up to date. This happens when may ISP provider modem has no internet and i have to restart it. then the modem works fine along with my deco m5 but the app says there is no internet and the color of the led is red but the weird thing is i can access to the internet both lan and wlan. The error message and the red light annoys me. I have done also many restart on my both modem router but still the light is red and the internet works fine. What is the problem! the light andd error really annoys me. Thanks in advance =) 

Options
Tried going through the app to configure my deco 5 with an AT&T modem.
2020-02-25 18:57:54

I'm having trouble with the deco not connecting to the internet.  I've tried entering the static ip address and all of the other items but still no Internet.  Can I configure "dynamic" to the router and configure and then maybe try connecting directly to the modem thereafter?  I thought this system would configure dynamically straight to the modem but when I do it says no internet and has me edit to enter ip address, gateway, subnet mask, and dns servers.  

Options
Re:Deco m4 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2020-03-25 11:19:10

hi 

i just finish installing my Deco M4 3 pack, but when i try to switch to the deco main router it has no internet connection. Please help i have been trying to figure it out for days as i was not able to find a solution for this

regards

chaps

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco m5 appears to be no internet connection but internet is actually working fine.
2020-08-18 13:44:06

@Kennkenn 

did you figure out how to solve this problem???

I have the same issue...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 17910

Replies: 7

Related Articles