Add three additional Deco M5 to a network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-20 08:38:36
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased two sets of Deco M5, thinking that I would be able to add three of them to the other three for better range in a network setup.

I've setup the first set of three M5 in a network successfully, but I fail to add the other three to it.

I've tried this:

1. Connect the additional unit to power right next to the one connecting to the internet that is already setup

2. Go into the app press plus (+) and choose M5

3. See the new unit blinking blue and the app showing that they are looking for eachother

4. Waiting...

5. The app just says it fails to find the the additional unit.

I've done the same trying to connect it directly with TP5 cable to the already setup M5, but with no difference.

How do I add more units than 3 to the network?

Is there a difference between a set of three units and some kind of "add on" units that I should have bought?

Hope to find an answer.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add three additional Deco M5 to a network
2019-05-21 00:57:44

Hi,

You can add multiple Deco units in one network.

Please follow the instruction below to give it a shot first. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1447/

Any updates, please let us know. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Add three additional Deco M5 to a network
2019-05-21 22:20:33

You click on small text "Connect Via Bluetooth?", i saw this because i'm going crazy do add more decos into my network and don't read/click on Bluetooth connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1318

Replies: 2

Related Articles