Archer D20 Sudden Factory Reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-20 17:09:52
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer D20(EU)_V1_160216

Hello, I own the Modem-Router Archer D20 and I use it as DSL Modem-Router for about 2 years so far.
I had no issues until now. Sometimes the device is not accessible through the browser (using it's IP), not even through the TP-Link Tether App for Android.
So, I go and switch the device off from the main switch and then on again. The device does a factory reset and I have to configure it from scratch.
Also, sometimes, when I reboot it, it instead factory resets again and I have to start from scratch once again.
This does not happen all the time but about 3-4 out of 5 times. I return it to the store I purchased from but they do not recognise any problem.
I have a backup of my config, so setting it from the start is not a problem, but I think it is an issue since it work pretty well these years.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer D20 Sudden Factory Reset
2019-05-21 01:45:01

Hi,

How did you reboot this Archer D20? 

How do you know that it factory reset itself? Is there any specific symptom? 

Did you try to hardreset it and reconfigure it manually to give it a go, instead to restore the configuration files?

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer D20 Sudden Factory Reset
2019-05-29 18:18:44

Hello, I can tell that it factory resets because it gets its stock SSID name after it boots and it brings up the configuration wizard just like you have normally factory reset it.
Then, I restore the config file and it works.
It has been a week since I reinstall it in my home and it seems to work fine by now.. Only until it needs to be restarted I will know if it does this again.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer D20 Sudden Factory Reset
2019-05-30 03:41:38

Thanks for your reply; that is a little weird, you can try to hard reset the D20 manually and reconfigure it manually, do not restore the configuration files to give it a go. 

Or cause the current firmware is the latest one, you can restore the files after booted it up as a workaround now. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 3