How to MAC filter LAN on TL-MR6400 V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-22 04:00:13 - last edited 2019-05-22 09:23:29
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi all,

I'm trying to restrict lan-acces to the router to one computer (1 mac address).

I can find the option to MAC filter WIFI access, but can't find any info on how to mac filter lan access. 

Please advise :) 

Cheers,

Levi

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to MAC filter LAN on TL-MR6400 V1
2019-05-23 03:39:57

Hi,

It is for wireless mac filtering. May I know why do you want to mac filter on lan access? 

If you want to block some wired device, you can use parental control to do that. 

You can refer to page 55 to do that.

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-MR6400(UN)_V1_UG.pdf

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:How to MAC filter LAN on TL-MR6400 V1
2019-05-23 06:24:01

Hi Kevin,

I use the device as a 4G router to suplly one of my devices with internet, but the router is left unattended at a client. There is a small change someone would plug in a UTP cable and use lots of data over the 4G connecting with a small data transfer cap (potentially causing huge bills). 

I have a router of another brand where I can mac filter all on mac address for both WIFI/LAN.

My device that is connected to the router is allow to access all websites. It looks like with parental control i would have to make rules for every individual website/domain name what is very inconvient. 

Would setting the allowed website name to ".com" allow access to all .com domains? 

Cheers, 

Levi

Options
Re:Re:How to MAC filter LAN on TL-MR6400 V1
2019-05-28 06:51:51

Hi,

You can use access control function to block/limit the wired clients. You can refer to page 107.

https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-MR6400(UN)_V1_UG.pdf 

I'm afraid that it does not work by settings .com as allowed websites. while you can give it a shot anyway. 

For parental control, you can refer to page 55.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1637

Replies: 3