WPA8630 - One SSID not three

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-22 07:14:13

Hi

I have just bought the Powerline adapters and set them up. All is great, the bandwidth i get compared to before is fantastic!

My only problem, I now have three SSID's all with the same name. One for the router, and two for each bandwidth.

Is it possible to setup the powerline so i have one SSID and devices just connect to the nearest? so when upstairs it connects to the router and when downstairs seemlessly connects to the downstairs powerline.

The TP link extender i have works in this way. (and when setting that up i do not hide the SSID)

Thanks in advance

Options
5 Reply
Re:WPA8630 - One SSID not three
2019-05-23 02:27:48

Hi,

The wireless settings of the powerline extender can be customized via the tpPLC utility.

Below is download link of the utility and the instruction to change them.

https://www.tp-link.comsupport/download/tl-wpa8630-kit/#Utility

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

You can change the wifi name to the same one as the main router's wifi, so that you do not have to switch manually. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:WPA8630 - One SSID not three
2019-05-23 05:04:02 - last edited 2019-05-23 05:05:06

Thanks Kevin,

I did that, (as mentioned) and i have three SSIDs all the same.

I want one SSID, and only one SSID name displayed not three.

Is there something else i should do ?   

Options
Re:Re:Re:WPA8630 - One SSID not three
2019-05-23 12:23:44

Hi,

What have you done yet?

There are 3 SSIDs existing now, one from the router and the other 2 from the dual band powerline extender; if you want one SSID only, per I said, you need use the tpPLC utility to change the wifi names of the powerline extender to the same one as the host wifi network.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:WPA8630 - One SSID not three
2019-05-23 12:36:41

Thanks Kevin,

I used the tpPLC utility, i have three SSIDs all saying 'internet' ( one the original wireless router) and the two SSIDs from the extender. 

What do i need to do to display only one SSID saying 'internet' and not three 'internet' SSIDs?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:WPA8630 - One SSID not three
2019-05-27 10:07:56

Hi,

What you need to do is following the instruction I sent before to change the SSIDs from the extender and give them the same name as the host wifi. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 5