Vizio TV can't connect to Deco M5 wifi

2019-05-22 17:00:40 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco M5
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I am a new Deco M5 owner.  I am unable to get my Vizio TV to connect to my Deco M5 wifi.  I can connect all my computers, phones, tablets, webcams, etc.  just not this TV.  I can connect with an ethernet cable.  The TV does (did) connect to my old wifi routers, a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and Asus N66U.

Anyone else able to get their Vizio TV to connect to thier Deco?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Vizio TV can't connect to Deco M5 wifi-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I am having this same issue. The WiFi name shows up on my Vizio TV but does have some odd characters in the spacing (WiFi name is “Cooper’s WiFi” but shows in Vizio TV as “Cooper\xe2\x80\x99s WiFi”). Nevertheless, I enter the password and it tries for a bit but ultimately results in “Unable to connect to Cooper\xe2\x80\x99s WiFi” with options for Try Another or Try Again.

One workaround is if I activate the nearest Deco to WPS via the app and then press WPS on the Vizio TV, it connects quickly and works great. However, it seems once I turn off the tv and come back, it’s disconnected and I have to reconnect (again doesn’t work unless I do WPS route).

Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

Edit: After posting, I changed the WiFi’s name to just “CooperWiFi”, removing the space and the apostrophe. I then waited a few minutes for updates to take effect and then tried connecting again with my Vizio TV, not using WPS. This time, it worked and even connects after turning the TV off and back on. I hope this post is helpful for the OP and others in the future!

Best Solution
Options
3 Replies
Re:Vizio TV can't connect to Deco M5 wifi
2019-05-23 01:36:34

Hi,

Can you detect the Deco's wifi on the Vizio TV? Is there any error message if  you failed to connect to the wifi? 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a shot.
1. Please set QoS as standard. Open Deco app, go to more-Qos.
2. Please clear all high priority. In QoS page you can see device priority, click high priority and then you can clear them.

3. Disable fast roaming and check whether you can connect to it.

4. Turn off 5GHz, and enable 2.4GHz only.

Any updates, just let us know.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Vizio TV can't connect to Deco M5 wifi-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I am having this same issue. The WiFi name shows up on my Vizio TV but does have some odd characters in the spacing (WiFi name is “Cooper’s WiFi” but shows in Vizio TV as “Cooper\xe2\x80\x99s WiFi”). Nevertheless, I enter the password and it tries for a bit but ultimately results in “Unable to connect to Cooper\xe2\x80\x99s WiFi” with options for Try Another or Try Again.

One workaround is if I activate the nearest Deco to WPS via the app and then press WPS on the Vizio TV, it connects quickly and works great. However, it seems once I turn off the tv and come back, it’s disconnected and I have to reconnect (again doesn’t work unless I do WPS route).

Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

Edit: After posting, I changed the WiFi’s name to just “CooperWiFi”, removing the space and the apostrophe. I then waited a few minutes for updates to take effect and then tried connecting again with my Vizio TV, not using WPS. This time, it worked and even connects after turning the TV off and back on. I hope this post is helpful for the OP and others in the future!

Best Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Vizio TV can't connect to Deco M5 wifi
2 weeks ago

@JPenedo 

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that you got it fixed. Congrats.

It will help a lot, thanks for your sharing again.

And if need more help, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Options