RE450 randomly slows internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-22 19:37:30
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20171220 Rel. 73615

My range extender randomly slows internet connection.  Settings still shows as connected but if I disconnect then reconnect it shows no internet connection. 

I then have to reboot extender to get it to work again. 

Ive tested the router at the same time , which still connects to internet. 

Thanks for any help

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE450 randomly slows internet
2019-05-23 02:19:28

Hi,

What is the light status of RE450 when you lost connection?

And how far away between the extender and main router? Have you setup different wifi name for it? 

Besides, it is suggested to troubleshoot and narrow down the root cause as below instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2233/

Meanwhile, we need get some details: like the stability of the wired connection, the hardware and firmware version of the RE450,  the IP/default gateway obtained by your device when the RE450 lost connection and so on. 

Note: How to check the IP address and default gateway: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:RE450 randomly slows internet
2019-05-23 02:41:01
All status lights are normal. Signal between extender and router is strong, I’m getting nearly max. Mbs. It’s v2, firmware is most current out of the box. SSID is different to router As far as I can tell no settings change between use. It seems like it goes to sleep but the only way to wake it is to reboot the extender. I’ve reset both router and extender to factory settings. Thanks
Options
Re:Re:Re:RE450 randomly slows internet
2019-05-23 14:31:08 - last edited 2019-05-23 15:24:21

Fuzzmunkey wrote

All status lights are normal. Signal between extender and router is strong, I’m getting nearly max. Mbs. It’s v2, firmware is most current out of the box. SSID is different to router As far as I can tell no settings change between use. It seems like it goes to sleep but the only way to wake it is to reboot the extender. I’ve reset both router and extender to factory settings. Thanks

Just happened again. iPhone/iPad was still connected to extender but no internet. I connected laptop for first time over wifi, but got no internet. 

As soon as I connected with Ethernet cable, iPad/iPhone and laptop wifi started working again. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:RE450 randomly slows internet
2019-05-30 02:53:11

Hi, 

What is the IP address/gateway obtained by your iphone or ipad when they connected to the extender but no internet access? 

Note: You can go to settings -wifi page and press the wifi name to get the IP/gateway. 

If both 2.4GHz and 5GHz stop working at the same time?

Meanwhile, at that time, you can access internet from the extender by ethernet cable? what is the IP and gateway as well? 

Have you ever tried to move it closer to the main router or change another socket? 

When and where did you buy this device? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 780

Replies: 4