Deco E4R - slow internet browsing on wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-23 08:16:14
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I'm getting awful internet browsing latency with my Deco. Using internet speed tests gives me the speed I would expect from my ISP - c30mbps but its more of a latency issue. When I click on a new web site or link, there is a long pause (could be 10 seconds or more) before the pages comes up, when it does, it seems to be loading the page at about normal speed.

In order to test it, I've simplifed the situation by turning on just the Deco unit attached to the modem and being right next to it and this is still happening. I've turned off any phones etc to eliminate interference.

It happens in all web browsers

However when I hardware my laptop to the Deco with ethernet, the problem goes away and pages load instantly.

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4R - slow internet browsing on wireless
2019-05-27 01:32:09

Hi,

What is the current network topology? 

With main Deco connected to the modem only, please run a speed test on your computer with it connected to the Deco's wifi and show us the screenshots of the ping results, where we can see the actual speed and the ping number. 

To do a comparison analysis, please connect your device to the Deco by wired cable and do a test as well. \

Besides, you can try  to disable fast roaming and setup QoS as standard to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Deco E4R - slow internet browsing on wireless
2020-11-16 19:13:19
I have the very same problem here. The download speed (when measured) is in agreement with the contracted with the ISP (80Mbps), however the internet browsing on smartphones is very slow - on computers or smartTVs are OK. This, however, does not always happen. When a smartphone browsing get fast, navigation is as fast as it should be. However, at some point later, it returns to be slow. I change the DNS provider, updated the Deco firmware, and it didn't solve the problem.
Options
FIXED!
2020-11-16 22:36:14

What solved my problem was to change the Operation Mode, from Router to Access Point.
Before or after making the change, get all the smartphones and click on "Forget this network", to disconnect from the network, and then connect again, ensuring a clean new connection.
To make the change in app "Deco": Advanced -> Operation Mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1635

Replies: 3