EAP245 Mesh not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP245 Mesh not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
58 Reply
Re:EAP245 Mesh not working
2020-08-12 13:07:49

@Blueping thanks for anwer. No... "bad file" message, with ANY FIRMWARE, I live in Argentina, here is sold US version, I speak a little english, made the mistake... ok... but let the people choose! openwrt is working on a custom firm, by I don't know how to install.

Options
2020-08-19 10:43:01 - last edited 2020-08-21 10:24:28

Good news.

The mesh support firmware just got released. I have yet to test it. Might report results.

Edit:

Did a quick test.

2 of my eap245 successfully meshed: One of them as root node, the other had a wireless uplink. Turned on mesh on the OC200 with the mobile app. Connected 1 eap245 with the PoE adapter only and placed it in range of the rootnode eap245. The wireless node adapted and linked.

The eap245 should be communicating over a hidden SSID 5 Ghz band. My mobile phone seems to only connect to 2.4 Ghz band. Not sure if that's by design. (band steering turned on) Will try to force 5Ghz later.

It was only a 15 minutes test but so far it's looking good.

I have yet tested it with eap225 indoor. I suppose the eap225 would work as rootnode but wouldn't as wireless remote node.

Even though a bit late release, but great work TP-Link!

Edit 2:

-Mobile phone now does connect to 5Ghz. Didn't force anything. Earlier test was just too short.

-eap225 indoor does work as root node

Options
2020-08-21 02:25:54

So mesh firmware is out. I have both of my APs connected, but they refuse to mesh together.

I have tried both methods of wireless adoption.

Method 1 which is connect both via ethernet, then disconnect and let the AP go into isolated mode. I do this, and the second AP never goes into isolated mode, just sits at "disconnected"

Method 2, I reset the AP to factory defaults and power it up literally next to the first AP, it is not found to be adopted wirelessly.

Where am i going wrong?

Options
2020-08-21 09:26:07 - last edited 2020-08-21 09:44:03

@Cien 

I don't know what the official steps are but how it worked for me in my mentioned 15 minute test:

-Turn on mesh in mobile app while AP is wired.

-Disconnect the AP that's going to be the remote node.

-connect AP with PoE adapter

-In mobile AP wait for "isolated" status

-Tap remote AP and tap "Link" on any AP that's in range (confirmed EAP225 indoor working as root node)

I am guessing your OC200 firmware is not up to date why it won't work. It won't auto update with the mobile app, instead it will only tell you that you're already on latest firmware while you really aren't. (Has to do with because it's an optional SDN firmware upgrade?) You would need to manual update it through the web interface.

Options
2020-08-21 22:18:10

@Blueping 

At this point I think my controller may be messed up. It shows the APs but does not show any clients connected to them. I am running the controller software on my laptop using linux, but it seems broken somehow. I will instell it on my Windows desktop and see if it works peoperly there.

Options
2020-08-21 22:56:38

Yea, I'm an idiot. I neglected to read the giant red text that specified this firmware only worked on 4.1.5 or above. Moved it to my windows host and updated it and all is good.

Options
2020-10-10 23:09:23

@forrest 

I have very good Wifi connection with my IPad and phone in my living room. Once, I walk up to my 2nd FL, home office and basement. My devices became very slow on Wifi showing three or two bars.

Total have 5 - AP1750 (EAP245 (US) V3.0) in my house (2AP -2FL, 3AP-1FL).  How can I enable fast/seamless roaming as one group for the 5 AP within OMADA?   Please confirm the setting location within OMADA..  

Options
2020-10-12 12:11:42

Dear @EddieZ,

What's the version of your Omada Controller?

If it's V4.1.5, please go to Settings > Site > Advanced Features to enable fast roaming feature.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Related Articles