App cant open inbox messages for my mifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-29 13:43:49 - last edited 2020-09-18 01:07:38
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

When i open the inbox messages in the tpMifi app . Its shows me “failed” and i cant read them . This proplem started after the last update for the app in app store . We need solution .

File:
DA528E3C-7FC4-487E-AFA8-E02B5D97F260.pngDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:App cant open inbox messages for my mifi-Solution
2020-09-16 17:02:23 - last edited 2020-09-18 01:07:38

@chyehin81 

Hi

I have the same problem - when I try to open the Inbox to read SMS text messages I am immediately logged out. Behaviour is the same on Samsung Internet app, Chrome on Android, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer on Windows 10. I also tried TPLink Tether app but it wasn't compatible with my M7450 so couldn't find it on the network, despite using it at the time. 

For me the solution was to select the 'App Download' menu item on the MiFi then scan the QR code shown on the screen. This took me to a Google Play Store application download option for tpMiFi. Using the tpMiFi app I could then finally open the SMS text messages that I needed to see to get the code that had been sent from the network provider. 

Hope this helps. 

Shaun

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:App cant open inbox messages for my mifi
2019-05-30 05:48:01 - last edited 2019-05-30 05:48:12

Hi,

What is the model and OS of your cellphone? 

Please login the web interface of MIFI and check SMS to figure out the items of message and whether these messages contain any special charcters;

Or you can uninstall/re-install the app on your cellphone to check whether this problem is fixed or not;

Note: if it is solved, please let us know what the current version of tpMIFI APP is.

Any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-07 16:00:33

@Talothman I have the same problem here with my M7200, i've tried everything and it didn't work. Now here's the interesting part which is i tried the web interface with my computer as tpmifi.net or 192.168.0.1 and i log in my password and then i select the SMS, it suddenly log out it self. It like a sequence when I log in and select the SMS it will log out. I tried install via reinstall and it still the same problem with inbox SMS error show as 'Failed'. From the web interface i couldn't find any setting of way to solve the SMS problem.My model is V2 and my firmware is 2.0.3.

Options
2020-02-08 01:54:25

@StateNaukari I forgot to mention what device i'm using to connect. I'm using Ipod Touch with last update ver 9.3.5. 

Options
2020-03-10 06:59:44

@chyehin81 

Hello, 

When did you buy this router and when do you have the issue? Did you update the app version before the SMS stop working?  What's your app version? What's the phone's model number and system version? 

If you download the app on another phone, can you see the SMS? Please also try to use other devices and browsers to log in to the router's management page.

Besides, you can try to factory reset the router and reinstall it. 

Good day.

Options
2020-06-12 08:56:54
Hi. I've been encountering the very same problem few weeks after purchasing the Mi-Fi. Please help.
Options
Re:App cant open inbox messages for my mifi-Solution
2020-09-16 17:02:23 - last edited 2020-09-18 01:07:38

@chyehin81 

Hi

I have the same problem - when I try to open the Inbox to read SMS text messages I am immediately logged out. Behaviour is the same on Samsung Internet app, Chrome on Android, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer on Windows 10. I also tried TPLink Tether app but it wasn't compatible with my M7450 so couldn't find it on the network, despite using it at the time. 

For me the solution was to select the 'App Download' menu item on the MiFi then scan the QR code shown on the screen. This took me to a Google Play Store application download option for tpMiFi. Using the tpMiFi app I could then finally open the SMS text messages that I needed to see to get the code that had been sent from the network provider. 

Hope this helps. 

Shaun

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-19 07:08:27
@ShaunMitchell Thank you for your solutions. Your solution is the best recommendation. Currently my solution for myself is i'm using my computer windows 10 to download android emulator then i open the android emulator app store on computer, download tpmifi and gave a test with my mifi connect through my computer and finally it works flawlessly without any issues as what currently the issues is still unfix from tp link tecnician or team. I can open the indox and and delete the unwanted message and edit as well. To open each indox message is really cumbersome that you will need to take some time to click to open them. As long as i can open the inbox then i'm alright with that. Did you also know that currently i went to check ios appstore on tpmifi the minimum requirement to download are still IOS 9.0 or later. In which it also mean it unclear the tplink team has already abandon this product or no longer solving this issues. Chyehin
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 8243

Replies: 7