Smart Plug to control a Portable Air Conditioner Unit.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-29 18:14:15

Hi.

Has anyone used any TP-Link Smart Plug model to control a Portable Air Conditioner unit?

If so, what model was used?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Plug to control a Portable Air Conditioner Unit.
2019-05-30 02:34:54

Hi,

The smart plug can be used to turn on/off some device, while as I know, there is a secondary switch needed to turn on the air conditioner; like the TV, we need use remote to turn it on even though it is powered on already. 

So whether the smart plug can turn on the air conditioner directly depends on whether there is another switch needed. 

Besides, please ensure the power consumption is not higher than the plug. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-09-11 06:52:01

@SirRhor 

Hi, that is a very good question.I am slightly late to the party but I hope i can manage to help you too. 

I think u can try cleaning the fans and all first but if it doesn't go way I'm pretty sure you should get air con service. You can try cleaning with a cloth on the outside and or maybe spraying some disinfectant on it. I'm guessing there may be mould growing or maybe you can air your unit for a few days. Otherwise you should get air con service. I have been using om for a long while for my car and they have been doing a good job. I hope this helps.

Options
2021-05-19 11:49:58 - last edited 2021-05-23 14:23:26

Hi all, you are right, but I don't think they are as dangerous as you say.Because all you're talking about now is moist air after the rain. But when it's not raining, it's still good. Besides, nowadays they sell fans, which are adjusted for humid air and humid weather. I, too, used to think they were dangerous and was skeptical about them. Until I sat down and figured it all out myself. I had the help of people who know this very well, so fans are not as dangerous as you say. Maybe the old ones are dangerous. I won't argue with that. But the new ones are now made for the perfect comfort of the people who buy them. I hope that the information will be at least for someone worthwhile. https://www.airconservicing.org/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6687

Replies: 3