Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

55 Reply
Re:Ability to disable DHCP in router mode
2020-01-13 14:51:20

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the difference between Router mode and AP mode.
Also, Deco will automatically detect the network, and enable DHCP Server in Router Mode.
When in AP mode, DHCP Server is disabled.

Sometimes, to operate a complicated network, we want to disable at the will of User.
However, Deco rejects User's intention.

I hope that future firmware will allow flexible setting changes.
1. Static router settings
2. Disable setting of DHCP Server

Options
2020-01-29 15:35:45

@onemoar , sometimes we need use this als AP, but by AP modus don't have all options : parental controle, antivirus, statistiks etc.

I also have this problem, please looking foor this ...

Options
2020-03-31 10:57:43 - last edited 2020-03-31 12:20:50

After a power outage, one of my DECO came back on, started a DHCP server in AP mode and more than half my devices lost internet because it issued out leases... 

Please, please, please give us the option to turn it off.... Seriously... what developer put this in place without giving you the option to disable it ...

I now have to go round the house, pulling out my 4 DECO and put them in the bin as they are completely useless to me or wait for some developer to decide if... if he will give us little people the rights or option to disable it...

what a waste...

Carl

Options
2020-04-15 00:20:42 - last edited 2020-04-15 00:22:41

@CarlyWarly 

I have the same problem on my enterprise, we work with 6 deco P7. We want use router mode's advance configurations but we need to use our DNS servers. It would be nice to have the option to disable dhcp. 

My boss come to me to tell that if on 6 month thise option don't come. We Will be forced to change all our AP to cisco. Take a look to them.

Options
2020-04-29 18:39:27

PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO DISABLE THE DHCP SERVER ON THE DECO M5!

This is impacting the Home Automation community very badly. The mesh support from the M5 is great and I currently run about 60 devices on my home netework. However, I need to control my DHCP and DNS servers locally. Having a router that automatically assigns IP addresses used to be the norm for 99% of home users, but with home automation, working from home and more complex networks being used in home environments every day we need more control over this device. 

Maybe I'll add a NIC hat to my Raspberry Pi and make my own wireless router for less than $45. If I do, I'll be sure to do a YouTube video explaining exactly how to replace your $300 Deco M5 network for $45 and open source software.

PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO DISABLE THE DHCP SERVER ON THE DECO M5!

Options
2020-04-29 19:06:18

@onemoar 

Sure? I hace to configure allí decides with statick IPS? So for every people coming ti the enterprise and connecting yo guest Network i hace to go to de building and configure manually the wifi connection on their devices?

Only one question is around my horas: Are hoy creazy? I Will need one person on It departament doing this allí day.

Options
2020-04-29 19:26:35
I only ser this on tplink routers. Is a litel enterprise, with a los of comming and Young people. It's that why de have deco p7. If all routers of internet companies (viven for free) come with the option to disable dhcp service (sole of them allows us ti directly configure It). Why yours no?
Options
2020-06-15 19:32:44
Hello, Why you didn't add smart DHCP function to router mode? Thanks
Options
2020-07-18 17:21:35 - last edited 2020-07-18 17:21:54

I am also interested in this feature. I wish I had researched about these basic shortcomings in the deco routers. Generally I would have trashed the system, but this was a expensive buy. I wish tplink took this request more seriously 

Options
2020-08-16 14:23:12

As the others. I regret buying it. Please make it feasible asap. It takes now more then 1 year... 

Options
Related Articles