Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

Ability to disable DHCP in router mode

55 Reply
Re:Ability to disable DHCP in router mode
2023-02-23 18:51:00

Or maybe you have any policy to return products to you I'm not satisfied with? Don't tell me that I can return decos to shop. It's not possible!

Options
2023-06-02 10:54:19 - last edited 2023-06-02 10:55:09

+1 on the requirement for disabling DHCP in router mode. It is hard to believe that in the years this thread (and others) has been open there has been no update (and suggesting reconfiguring to AP mode is not an appropriate update). I wouldn't have invested in 6 XE75's if I had known that this basic feature was not available.

Options
[Feature Request]Ability to disable DHCP in router mode--not accepted yet
2023-09-20 19:11:39

@TP-Link Really?   

Is the length of this thread not enough to make it clear that there is demand for this basic feature?

This really is absurd, thank god Microsoft have a wiser view about the DHCP service being optional.  What else do you plan to force on users?  Why not DDNS?   How about Forced use of NTP?   Or maybe making every network use the Router as an FTP server too?

Utter shambles of a design floor, which is a shame, because in every other way they are so much better than the Netgear kit I replaced them with.

I've just limited DHCP to 20 addresses and then reserved all 20 of them with Obvious patterned Mac addresses.  So even if a device randomly talks to this DHCP server it has no IPs to give.

Options
Ability to disable DHCP in router mode - Another requesting customer.
2024-01-30 01:01:15

I am another customer who needs the ability to disable DHCP in router mode.   I would like to use my existing domain controller's DHCP.   Great performance but wIthout at least some greater level of configurablity this is only for a basic homeowner.   

Options
2024-03-09 10:42:22

Luckily I am still within the 30day limit - I will be returning my set of 3 Deco M9 Plus routers.  This request has been out for years and no response from TP-Link.  I will look for an alternative.

Options
Related Articles