Issues with laptop connecting to the range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-05 15:32:25
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me. 

Just bought range extender, installation was fine, I have all lights blue for 4g and 5g and my iphone is able to connect to it.

The issue is with my laptop. When ever I try to connect I received a message 'windows can’t get the Network Settings from the router'.

I have tried every single thing on the internet and youtube to try to fix it. I have no idea what to do. 

I did try the cable, and I can connect to the extender with internet cable, but It is impossible to connect to the wi-fi it self. 

Can someone please help me and let me know if it is possible to fix?|

Thank you

Options
9 Reply
Re:Issues with laptop connecting to the range extender
2019-06-06 07:02:45

According to your description, the extender is working fine now.

The trouble shootings should be done on your windows laptop.

Please have a try to reboot your computer. And you can also update the wireless network adapter's driver on your computer. 

Options
2019-06-06 10:55:25

Hello there,

Thank you for the response.

I have latest drivers and I can connect with my laptop to the original router not the extender. 

I have rebooted the computer many times and did trouble shooting yet it does not help and say that there are no issues at all.

Anything else I could do? Please help. Thank you so much in advance,.

Options
Re:Re:Issues with laptop connecting to the range extender
2019-06-09 06:17:01

Hi,

Have you ever tried to update the firmware version of the extender?

Is it the same network name as the main router's wifi or they are different? 

Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz give you the same error message when you trying to connect to it? 

What is the model of the network adapter built in your laptop?

Good day. 

Options
2020-10-24 10:40:59

Hi TP LINK,

@Arrakizz hi i am facing issue while repeater connecting with laptop.

Issue: connection issue.

Model no: TL-WA850RE 300 MBPS

http://192.168.0.254 this link i am not able to login while my repeater connected and if software update issue please provide (bin) file in response and please provide steps how to i install bin file.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maharshi Modi

Options
2020-10-26 05:54:39

@Maharshi 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I confirm with you the current issue is that a specific laptop failed to connect to the 850RE?

Is there any error message when it failed to connect?

Did other devices all work fine?

Normally once the extender was set up correctly, 192.168.0.254 is no longer accessible and you might need to use http://tplinkrepeater.net

Since you mentioned firmware, may I know what is your current hardware and firmware version?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Re:Issues with laptop connecting to the range extender
2021-03-02 12:14:07

@Kevin_Z

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Have you ever tried to update the firmware version of the extender?

Is it the same network name as the main router's wifi or they are different? 

Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz give you the same error message when you trying to connect to it? 

What is the model of the network adapter built in your laptop?

Good day. 

I am facing the same problem,,,  the extender name is different than the main router

and both 2.4 and 5GHz are giving me the same error message 

I don't know how to check the firmware version or the network adapter model .. but I've tried to update the adapter and it shows me that my adapter is the best for my laptop ..

Options
2021-03-05 12:49:36

@Arrakizz 

I just had the same. After restarting laptop and enabling DHCP and trying for several time it connected.

Regards,

Timur

Options
2021-03-24 23:28:40

@Arrakizz Hi, I just bough the AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender everything is blue and I connected my iPhone and TV correctly. The only device that I can't connect is my laptop, it keeps saying "No internet, secure". Has anyone found a solution?

Options
2021-03-26 06:13:32

@JulioC Hello, 

Please make sure Range extender is using a different SSID or Wi-Fi name from router so we could tell if client is connected to RE or router. 

And range extender's WiFi Led 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Led should light up after successfully installation 

If laptop connected to router, do you have any Internet ? If laptop connected to RE but No internet, may I have a photo of the IP address & gateway on that PC?

When cell phone connected to RE's wifi, what is the IP address on cell phone? (WIFi settings--- tap RE's WiFi---> IP address )

How to find IP address:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9994

Replies: 9

Related Articles