Kasacam TP120 not registering movements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-05 16:31:57 - last edited 2019-06-19 09:45:11

Hi.

we installed a new cam today. Account is active, the cam shows a liveview and sound in my home.

All options in the settings and filter are active and green.

Just: When I move around in the active-zone, nothing happens.

No message in iOS, no e-mails that some is breaking in.

Where is the bug?

Thanks alot

<<<< Problem solved, thx >>>>>

Options
9 Reply
Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-06 06:41:25

Firstly, please refer to the instructions in the link below to check the notification settings again. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1966/

Secondly, please check the settings on your phone and make sure the notification can pop out. KASA APP needs to get the permission to push notifinications. 

Options
Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-06 06:48:08 - last edited 2019-06-19 09:44:59

Thank you for your advice, but as you can see all was activated, and for sure all notifications in iOS were allowed.

But even if there would have been a nottification problem, there was no activity shown or recorded in the timeline.

Nevertheless: This morning Kasa started to recogize sound and movements as it should.

Is it possible that TP Link needs 12 hours to set up/ activate an account?

Thx

<<<< Problem solved, thx >>>>>

Options
Re:Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-06 09:03:37

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day

Options
Re:Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-18 07:59:52

Hi,

I have the same problem and when I click record nothing happens. On the activity timeline it says no activity.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-19 06:28:03

Hi,

What is the light status of the KC120 now? 

Have you enabled the activity notification on your device as the instruction below?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1966/ 

Meanwhile, if you record manually, the video will be stored on the local device. 

Good day. 

Milkewitz wrote

Hi,

I have the same problem and when I click record nothing happens. On the activity timeline it says no activity.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-19 07:52:36

Hi, thanx for your reply!

what do you mean by light status?

The camera is on and I can see the live video. When I click on device it says that it has been an activity but nothing is recorded on the activity timeline and i have’nt got any notifications. When I click record manually, the record button just reloads and it seems like nothing gets recorded, cant find any local recordings on my device.

I have followed the instructions for sure.

thanks.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Kasacam TP120 not registering movements
2019-06-24 06:01:47

Hi Mike,

Have you ever enabled notification of Kasa on your cellphone? The kasa app need be authorized so that it can send you notifications. 

Meanwhile, after you click the manual recording button, what does that icon look like? Does it change? You can show us a screenshot to show the differences.

Besides, please go to device settings page and check the privacy and sensitivity parameters. Do not choose "Do not record video or audio", otherwise you will not receive any activity notifications".

Please tell us the current hardware and firmware version as well.

May it help and have a nice ady.

Options
Kasacam KC 100 not registering movements
2019-07-15 13:17:18

hi, I have just installed my Kasa Cam 100 is not registering motion or sending notifications.I have troubleshooted and all the settings seem to be correct and still nothing.

Aslo py phone notifications are enabled.

Options
Re:Kasacam KC 100 not registering movements
2019-07-16 02:55:03 - last edited 2019-07-16 02:55:13

@Kris19 

What is the current light status of the KC100? Can you see the liveview normally? 

Please open KASA app, and show us a screenshot of the "Devices" page. To have a comparison understanding, please take a picture of the activity page and send it to us. 

Besides, you can adjust the sensitivity and the activity zones to give it a go. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1955

Replies: 9

Related Articles