Network set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network set up
Network set up
2019-06-07 08:28:41
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I am wondering what is the most apropriate network set up under the following conditions:

1. I live in a 2-level house,

2. My ISP router, is positioned in the first floor, supports 2.4G and 5G connectivity, and it is set up with 2 different netwoks (2.4G and 5G)

3. I have the the TL-WPA8630P and TL-WPA8730  and using them in the 2nd floor, for network expantion

My question is how should I configure my network in order to achieve the best performance with automatic connection of devices to best singal

a. should I unify both 2.4G and 5G networks in my router to a single named network?

b. should I unify into a single named network, both  2.4G and 5G bands in my powerline adapters? or

c. should I unify into 2 networks (2.4G and 5G) both down and upper floor signals?

Currently I switch between available networks manually, preferably to the best available signal.

Many thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network set up
2019-06-10 02:47:22

Hi,

If your devices support seamless roaming, you can customize the wifi network name and password to the same one. And then the devices can choose and connect to the wifi network with better performance. Otherwise, you can give them different names and switch manually to enjoy the best wifi signal.

How to change wifi settings of powerline extender, you can refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 1

Related Articles