Different Firmware versions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-07 15:24:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 & 1.3.0

Hi,

I have just extended my 3 disk Deco M5 network to 5 disk and had real trouble getting the two new disks integrated. I had to use bluetooth so the network would see the new disks and then I couldn't update the disks which were much older versions. My existing network was updated recently to 1.3.0 but the nearest I could get the new disks was to 1.2.8. so I now have mixed firmware on my network. The only way I could get the new disks to 1.2.8 was to deconstruct my whole network and make a new disk the main. That was a real pain as I have 30+ clients on my Net and they all and to be manually reconnected. So my question after all the waffle is how do I bring all my network up to the latest firmware ? If I use the App it just says I am up to date at 1.2.8. its driving me crazy !! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Different Firmware versions
2019-06-09 01:14:37

Hi,

It is designed to detect the Deco via bluetooth in the initial installation. The 1.2.8 is the official latest firmware now, 1.3.0 is still under test and been pushed to few customers to test its performance, you can email our tech support to get the download link if you want to update the last 2 Deco units.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 1

Related Articles