Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 This operation is not allowed for remote management.
2020-06-16 23:01:29

@Vetal 

Because you downloaded the firmware from the TP Link US website.
The file contains error.
Download the firmware from the EU website.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

Options
2021-08-18 14:36:30

@Vetal
I have the C6 (EU) as well, i tried all available firmware files, however all of them return the same message - "This operation is not allowed for remote management."
I am using a wired connection with my laptop even disabled the wifi.My current firmware version is - 1.0.1 Build 20180627 rel.42764. Could you please help?

Options
2021-08-18 18:59:35
I believe somewhere on this site I found how to ask for personal assistance, then we arranged a team viewer session. After a couple of attempts to fix the problem, it appeared that I was using the wrong firmware version. You should look at the bottom of the router and find a sticker with the exact version. So try to look for the striker first and if your firmware is correct then ask for assistance. Cool, I had this problem 4 years ago... )
Options
2021-08-20 09:38:30

@Falcon14 

Vetal could be right, you need to verify what is the country code and hardware version of your Archer C6, if it is EU 2.0, then download and install the latest firmware for that version from here.

BTW, if your Archer C6 is linked to your TP-Link account, I guess it can detect the latest firmware release by checking for the updates either on the router web GUI or Tether app. You can refer to the guide below to get there:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

Options
2022-02-10 14:02:00

@Vetal PPOE change is not allowed too? I've tried to change ppoe user and passw settings and said is not allowed

File:
ppoeuser.jpgDownload
Options
2022-02-16 11:56:59

CaioVasconcelos wrote

@Vetal PPOE change is not allowed too? I've tried to change ppoe user and passw settings and said is not allowed

Hello @CaioVasconcelos, are you trying to modify the PPPoE username and / or password when you are logging into the router web from a remote connection? If that is the case, I guess that is not allowed, as you will lose the management if you typed something wrong by mistake.

Options