TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware
2019-06-22 20:40:24

Hello again @Kevin_Z after some days testing the new firmware, today I'm having issues, some devices are refusing to get connected, I already reset the AP to the factory settings and replaced the SSID with a different one, I set a new password but the same devices are not getting connected, those devices are an LG G3 Android phone, an Acer laptop and a Nintendo Switch.

Options
Re:TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware
2019-06-23 17:41:08

I was using WPA2-PSK and AES as fixed security settings but today I switched to "Auto" for both to keep testing the device to see if the issue persist, I'll let you know if it helps.

Options
Re:Re:TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware
2019-06-24 09:09:47

Sure, thanks a lot.

Any updates, just let us know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-WA850RE problems with current firmware
2019-08-23 03:42:19 - last edited 2019-08-23 03:45:55

Kevin_Z wrote

mu pleasure; if need more help do not hesitate to contact us.

Good day. 

Hello again Kevin_Z.

I'm having another problem with the extender, as you may know it's setup as access point and I'm having connection issues with my computer, which has a 802.11n Realtek RTL8188CE wireless card and the driver is up to date, however, it doesn't detect the SSID of the extender, but I discovered something, if I change the wireless settings from auto to any other setting like WPA2-PSK, then my computer detects the SSID immediately and gets connected, if I switch it back to auto, it keeps working.

The problem is, if I disconnect the extender from the power outlet or if it gets turned off automatically by the power schedule, once it's turned on or reconnected to the power outlet, the computer won't detect the SSID anymore so I have to repeat the same steps again everyday, it is really annoying.

Options
Related Articles