Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature Requests
Feature Requests
2019-06-13 17:28:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 20190403 rel 40244

I've noticed there is no decent admin facitlity for the Deco M5, is it possible to get some improvements and also a webbased admin page so can access via a desktop pc?

I've currently got mine setup as an AP but I have no idea how what bandwidth is being used by individual devices, which unit they are connected to or what speed connected at, no information on whether a node is using ethernet or wifi backhaul

The monthly report doesn't provide any decent information, just says top speed recorded and x number of devices connected

So is it possible to get some improvements on the system

Options
9 Reply
Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-14 09:57:06

agree

Options
2019-06-17 02:37:52

Hi,

First, it is planned to add the web UI feature to Deco, you can keep an eye on our official website.

Second, the Deco in AP mode does not support some advanced features, like the antivirus, parental control, QoS and so on. 

For more instructions to setup QoS you can refer to below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1601/

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m5(3-pack)/#FAQs

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-06-17 05:55:41

Thanks for the response

I'm not bothered about parental controls, just would like to see usage of devices as the monthly report is of no relevance as it doesn't provide any information. 

If I connect to my TP-Link ac750 travel router I get better information. 

If I used Google WiFi (I switched from that to deco) I could see usage, speed to devices and which node they were using. 

Options
Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-17 17:34:22

Hi

New firmware 1.3.0 for M5 has some of those features, even if the GUI is not so well organized and it is difficult to find the information.

I wish the home page could show more information as well with each device.

Hope it will be better with time.

Camillo

Options
Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-18 07:35:44

Hi,

For now, we can get the security/parental controls/ total connected network devices each day and the smart devices/shortcut automation messages from the monthly report.

For the usage of each device, there is no option, while we will forward it to our R&D team and they can work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

You can keep an eye on our official website or Deco app.

Good day. 

mirdragon wrote

Thanks for the response

I'm not bothered about parental controls, just would like to see usage of devices as the monthly report is of no relevance as it doesn't provide any information. 

If I connect to my TP-Link ac750 travel router I get better information. 

If I used Google WiFi (I switched from that to deco) I could see usage, speed to devices and which node they were using. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-18 07:37:24

Hi,

Thanks fro your feedback, our engineers are working on it and make some progress.

You can keep an eye on our official website to get more updates.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-18 12:18:21

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Thanks fro your feedback, our engineers are working on it and make some progress.

You can keep an eye on our official website to get more updates.

Good day. 

Thanks

Looking forward to the update, only use the device in ap mode. 

Also need ability to see the ipv6 address as well as ipv4 if this is also possible? 

Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-06-19 01:30:06

Hi,

There is no option to see IPv4 or IPv6 address on the Deco when it works as access point mode. 

While you can check these information when Deco works as a wireless router mode.

Go to More-Advanced-IPV4/IPv6 page to get them. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Feature Requests
2019-07-15 19:51:22
sorry for the late response you can actually see the ipv4 address for devices connected to the deco when in ap mode, you can't see the ipv6 though. surely if one worked, it should be able to get the information for ipv6 as well
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1661

Replies: 9

Related Articles