Timeout in Parental Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-14 06:31:42 - last edited 2019-06-17 18:35:11
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My Archer C6 resets the timeout in Parental Control after power down and power up again.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2019-06-18 06:03:33

Hi,

Could you please provide more information about the current issue?That will help a lot.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2019-06-18 14:49:53

On Parental Control page I setup time limitation per day. After this time the access stops. It's good. But if I reset the router (power off/on) it also  resets the timer and the access is not blocked.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2019-06-19 06:43:34

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Below is the instruction to setup the parental control on the C6. You can refer to the instruction to configure it again and click save and reboot to apply the settings. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1531/

After that, please show me a screenshot of the parental control settings page, especially the internet access time picture. 

Then you can power cycle the Archer C6 and test whether it works; to do a comparison analysis, please show me a picture of the time limitation page.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2019-06-23 14:14:02

The screenshot of the parental control settings page:

The spent online time (befor power cycle):

The spent online time (after power cycle):

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2019-06-24 09:57:21

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply, I got your point. 

Back to your case, to ensure the advanced features working properly, including parental control, the router should be running all the time. Cause the router will record some data used by the specific device, once the router  rebooted, it will recognize it as a new device/network activity.

Hope I make myself clear. Have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Timeout in Parental Control
2021-05-23 13:34:09

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply, I got your point. 

Back to your case, to ensure the advanced features working properly, including parental control, the router should be running all the time. Cause the router will record some data used by the specific device, once the router  rebooted, it will recognize it as a new device/network activity.

Hope I make myself clear. Have a nice day.

Is there any work around to this "time out" issue? As kid are aware now that rebooting the router will solve their problem. Also we can't monitor the router power all time and hold children from rebooting it in our absence. Hope you understand :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1365

Replies: 6

Related Articles